Slowly But Surely

Still a flash back chapter.
Paa
Haylen slowly woke up,he stayed there for a while before he got up.He took a shower,put on his clothes and ate breakfast.He looked at the clock above the stove 7:45 he had to wake Jonathan at 8:30 he had plenty of time for himself.

He decided to take a walk in the garden.The garden was a beautiful place,flowers in every color, trees sky high,the smell of fruits surrounding you,it was easily one of his favorite places.It's been five months since he started as the prince's servant and he couldn't be happier.They've become best friends or has Jonathan liked to called them the two musketeers.He smiled fondly as thought about Jonathan.That man was flawless in his eyes.In the beginning their relationship was strain,Haylen had trust issues after what happened to him in his last master's house and Jonathan being the sensitive person he was thought Haylen didn't like him so he wanted to give him space.Haylen's room was right beside Jonathan's in case Jonathan needed him for anything.About two months after he got there he started to have nightmares some were mild but others were dreadful he'll wake up in the middle of the night crying and reliving the most horrific moments of his life.One night Haylen woke up screaming,Jonathan being right next door heard him he rushed over to Haylen's room to see what was wrong.He found Haylen in the corner rocking back and forth tears running down his face.He stood shock for a moment he had no idea what to do.Taking a deep breath he cautiously walked over to Haylen,he knelt down in front of"what's wrong"he whispered,Haylen looked at him but his eyes were unfocused.

Jonathan made a decision to stay with him.He picked him up bridal side and layed him down on the bed,he layed down behind him with is arms wrapped around his waist ,Haylen's back pressed up against his chest.After a while Haylen fell asleep,once he was sure Haylen was content he fell asleep too.

After that day they became inseparable,where ever you saw Haylen Jonathan wasn't far behind,where ever you saw Jonathan Haylen wasn't far behind either.Their friendship was confusing to those who didn't know them personally.

Haylen was slowly becoming Jonathan's world,he loved him like no other not even Samuel and that scared him.His dad always made it clear he wanted him to marry Samuel,but how could he marry someone he never loved.His life was just a big ball of confusion.

Haylen decided he was done walking so he decided to go wake Jonathan up.He walked up the stairs to Jonathan's room,he didn't bother knocking he stopped doing that when they became friends.What he saw made him wish he did knock.

On the bed was Jonathan and Samuel,they were kissing with Jonathan on top."Jon- oh my gosh"he gasped,they stoped kissing immediately.

"Haylen I can explain"Jonathan said guilty

"No you don't you have to"Haylen said as he closed the door.Jonathan ran after him while Samuel stayed feeling satisfied with himself.

Jonathan finally caught up to Haylen,he grabbed his arm"Haylen I'm sorry"Haylen turned around tears on his face"why are you apologizing you did nothing wrong"

"Yes I did"

"No you didn't,we're not together so you did nothing wrong"

"Then why are you crying"Jonathan asked

" I don't know"Haylen broke down into tears

"Look at me"Jonathan said,Haylen shook his head no,Jonathan took Haylen's face in his hands and used his thumbs to wipe away his tears"if what you saw in there hurted you I'm so sorry"

They looked at each other for a while before Jonathan started to lean in

"Ahem"a voice behind them said Jonathan turned around to see Samuel standing there"are you coming in dear"he said in a fake sweet voice.Jonathan was about to answer no when Haylen spoke up"yes he'll be right there I was just leaving"

Jonathan watched Haylen walk away,regret in his stomach.