Mustang

Jane had taken Maura's car to her shop for the guys to get started on. She went back to her office where Maura was waiting.

"Looking for anything?"

"Oh! JC you scared me."

"You can call e Jane. The guys are really the only ones that call me JC."

"Really? I know the J is for Jane but what about the C?"

"You'll never find out."

Jane sat behind her desk. She pulled out the origional manual of a 1969 Mustang.

"How did you learn about cars?" Maura asked.

"Workshop in high school."

"How long have you been in business?"

"Two years."

"Do you like it?"

"Wouldnt be here if I didn't."

Jane got up and made her way to a car covered by a large tarp. Pulling back she revealed a 1969 Mustang GT Coupe. It was Blue and gray.

"Wow this is beautiful!" Maura exclaimed.

Jane hadn't noticed the woman had followed her.

"It was the first car I got. Looked a he'll of a lot different than."

"You fixed it all yourself?"

"Yup!" Jane beamed. "Wanna go for a ride?"

"I thought you had to fix it."

"Only a head light. It'll take two minutes."
**********
"Put your seat belt on." Jane said.

The car roared to life. Loud and powerful Maura could feel the vibration from the engine. She watched as Jane checked gauges and put it in drive. Bracing herself for a take off, she was surprised to find that Jane wasn't a lead foot. Or so she thought.

"I don't like to speed until I get to my secret spot."

"Speeding is rather dangerous."

"We live one life. Why not live it doing something that makes you happy."

"Thats a great philosophy."

"Yup, read it in a book."
*************

Jane's secret place was an old road way. It looked as if work had been done on the track. The road wasn't cracked and looked as if it had been paved in recent months.

"Are you sure this is safe?"

"I brought the place months ago. It's an escape. I come here drive or sometime I just park and think."

"Oh. How fast are we going to go?"

Jane looked at Maura seeing the fear in the blonde's eyes.

"Heres the deal. You let me take you to dinner and I'll let you drive. That way we'll go as fast or slow as you want. Ok?"

Maura smiled. "Dinner and I get to drive? Do all the ladies get this privilege?"

"Nope. Just you. I think you should take it before I gain my process of thinking back."

"Fine. Jane C-?"

"You get to drive my car. My middle name will never come."

Maura just laughed. It was the sweetest sound Jane had ever heard. Maura had gotten out of the car and stood at the driver door.

"Jane? Are you going to move?"

"Uh. Yeah."

Jane hadn't noticed that Maura even moved. She was so wrapped up in her. This woman who she was now going on a date with.
*******************
"Woah! That was amazing!"

"Well I'm glad you enjoyed it. The guys said that they have to order a part. I'm sorry,but we do have a fine b&b you can stay until we get it fixed."

Jane and Maura had driven for awhile. After, they went back to the shop where Maura's car was.

"That's fine. I need a break from the city maybe here I'll get it."

"So does that offer still stand on my date with the lovely Maura Isles?"

Maura blushed. She was looking forward to time with Jane. More than she ever did with Ian.

"Yes. I should change first. Could you take me to the bed and breakfast."

"Sure. Can I pick you back up at 8?"

"Yes that'd be great."
**************
Ok so I know this is short but I'm swamped. I have a bunch of papers due, training, work and my phone cracked today. Over all I'm 2007 Brittney Spears stressed. Although I won't shave my head. I haven't forgotten about C&R, my editor has it done but I'm anal retentive and have to check him. Also the car pictured is my dream car. the song is Gorillas Feel Good.
Much love
-M