Waking

Jane woke up the next morning with Maura snuggled up to her side. She liked the way their bodies fit. It was refreshing to her. She hadn't felt like this since Riley.

"Good morning."

"Hey, how'd you sleep?"

"Well after an amazing date and orgasm. I'm feeling a little sore." Maura laughed.

Jane got quite and Maura wanted to know just what she was thinking.

"Jane, are you ok?"

Jane let out a sigh and thought of what to say. She didn't want to lie to this woman beside her.

"I have felt this way in a long time."

"Really?"

"Yeah. When I was living in Boston, I was a detective. I had wanted that since forever. I was good at it too. A few months after being transferred to homicide, there was this case. Some freak who dropped out of medical school was killing couples. Real sick stuff.

I had just gotten married and had come from my honeymoon to this case. I was so into it. My partner Frost was just as bad. After some time, the guy started sending me things. Asking me if I was scared. I was young and dumb. One night I got a call from Riley, my wife, she had some news and couldn't wait to tell me. Right before I was to go home, we got a call. I thought it would be simple.

We got there and Frost was behind me. We go to the building and hear yelling. I ran there. I knew who it was. When I got down there I saw her. Tied up. Bloody.

Then this greasy guy, Hoyt, the killer, comes behind her. I froze. Frost went to run and before he could even get close he was shot.

Hoyt took Riley and kept telling her to tell me. I couldn't focus....

"Tell her!" Hoyt yelled.

"Jane, baby, I love you."

"That's not what I said to say! Tell her slut!"

Jane stood, still in shock that her partner was dead and her wife was at the hands of a killer.

"Jane, lookk at me. Honey, I love you. This isn't your fault."

Jane just nodded.

"Jane, we are going to get out of here. Ok? You me and our baby. Ok?"

"You- you're pregnant?"

"Yes honey. Our little angel is going to have the best mother."

Jane smiled at Riley. Her moment was ruined when Hoyt yelled.

"Shut up! Say goodbye detective."

The words didn't leave her mouth as she watched Riley's body fall. Then, she shot. She emptied the gun. Unloading on Hoyt's body...

"I left after the funeral. Riley was first and then Frost. I couldn't stay."

Maura stayed silent.

Jane let out a dark chuckle. "Sorry, for ruining the morning."

"No Jane you didn't."

"I've never felt the need to tell anyone that story. Most know I'm from Boston."

"Why here?"

"Riley wanted it. She was never really big on city life."

They sat in silence for a little while longer.

"Do you want some breakfast?"

"Sure. There's this place in town that I love. If you want to go."

"I'd love that."

Jane smiled. This life was looking up. Riley would be happy to know she's moving on.

'I'll always love you.'
************
So two more chapters and we're done. I wanted to do more but, I need to put all my free time into C&R. Enjoy!
Much love
-M