Core Of His Shadow

Dreamswap look as lovely as usual. The view and the sky seems so bright. It's a perfect day for some quick stroll.

That's what Nightmare thought as he walked around the huge lake nearby Justice Reign Castle. Nightmare was busy thinking for a perfect plan for revenge his brother, Dream.

Dream kind off making him angry cause he almost caught the meme Squad during their shopping day. At the same time, he also want to clear his mind from some odd rumours about Cross and Error...

Well, he don't want to jump to conclusions about those bad rumours.

"Whatever, Error and Cross are my precious friends. They won't betray me and I will protect both of them with all my heart." Whispered Nightmare while smiling alone.

Suddenly, a disturbing force can be feel, cause Nightmare to flinch. He hold his head, trying to hold the pain on his head.

"What was that?! It's so... Strange and... Spooky." Monologue him.

Nightmare decided to continue his stroll tomorrow and urgently went home.

...

He opened the door and hoping to see both Cross and Error. But neither of them was there. Nightmare let out a deep breath.

"They kept on disappearing... Where did they go anyway? I take walk everywhere except the... Justice Reign quarters... No... Why would they go there." Nightmare began to raise a suspicious towards the other two skeleton. But he just keep it to himself at this moment...

...

Third Person Pov

A sound of the door opened can be heard, as Error and Cross entered the house. They expect to see Nightmare waiting for them on the couch. Nightmare always scolded them when they came home late.

They knew why Nightmare was angry. He was scared they will leave him.

That's the plan anyways.

But the problems is... Where is Nightmare?

"Maybe he is in his room?" Replied Error. Cross nodded. They walked towards Nightmare's room and saw the small skeleton laying down.

"Night? Are you okay?" Whispered Error softly.

Nightmare replied with a heavy groaned. He sound as if he was in pain.

Cross and Error urgently went towards Nightmare. "Gosh. His face is so red! Perhaps Nightmare has a fever." Replied Error worriedly.

Cross teleport to the kitchen and took a glass of water together with medicine.

Error sat next to Nightmare and gently caressing Nightmare face. The small skeleton began to sleep talking. "N-no... It's hurt. Stop, pl-please don't go ..." Cried him in his sleep. Error was stunned for a moment. Cross who also just teleport back, stared at Error.

Both of them looked guilty about something. "Are we... Doing the right thing?" Asked Cross worriedly. Error sighed as he took the water and medicine from Cross.

"I don't think we did the right thing... He may become mentally depress from this..."

"Then ... Why are we doing this anyway?" Asked Cross back. Error looked down. "We don't have a choice, Cross..." Error shook Nightmare slowly.

Nightmare finally opened his eyes and saw his friends. He began to smile brightly, despite of his worsen condition. Seeing his friends was the best thing in his life. Error and Cross smiled back as they helped Nightmare with the medicine.

...

Few days later ...

Nightmare Pov

I finally feel better! And decided to take a stroll. Today's seem like a pleasant day for a nice noon walk.

Before I go, better say goodbye to Error and Cross first. "Guys! I'm going for a short stroll! Byee!" Both of them just smiled and replied take care.

With that, I begin my journey. Already prepared with my Dream Journal and food. Today will be a good day!

Third Pov

Nightmare finally reached the small valley. It's has such a lovely view and surrounded with a big tree. "Ah. What a shame ... I forgot to bring Kevin with me..." Whispered him as he remembered his poor pet chicken.

Nightmare just sigh and began to walk around the valley.

...

Its... So peaceful there for him. Which is nice. But... Nightmare began to feel lonely. He really wished Cross and Error was there with him. But they kept on saying they were busy, which is Nightmare knew it was bullshit.

All of the sudden, Nightmare was bumping into someone, causing both of them to fall. "Ow... That's hurt. Are you okay?!" Nightmare just realized he was bumping to someone. "Yeah, I'm good- Night?" Nightmare looked back and surprised.

"Blue? What are you doing here? I thought you with Justice Reign." Replied Nightmare with confusion. Blue swipe the dirt on his clothes as he help Nightmare up.

"Well, Dream kept on doing meeting which is not my problems. I decided to take a quick walk here. What are You Doing here anyway?" Nightmare just laughed as he stood next to Blue.

They began to walk next to eachother. "I well... Need to clear my mind from something." Replied the purple skeleton with a grinned.

Blue snort. "Eh, I thought your brain already empty. Never thought it contain with something." Blue began to laugh. Nightmare stared to pouting and pinching Blue.

"Meanie meanie meanie!" Replied Nightmare as Blue kept on laughing. "Okay, okay. Sorry. Awe, looked at your face. You look adorable like a hamster. Let me pinch it." Nightmare was flustered as he raised his hoodie and ran away from Blue.

Blue just grinned and waved Nightmare a goodbye .

"Bye bye , baby hamsterrr. Make sure to look front so you don't fall for someone else except me!" Nightmare can feel his face heat up.

"Oh, Shut up, Blue!!!" Blue just smiled and watched Nightmare go. Slowly his smiled dropped as he thought of the poor skeleton.

"Take care, Night... Please take care." Blue sighed. He don't know why but his heart was heavy. He was scared for Nightmare.

"Now... Where are those disturbing force came from anyway?" Whispered Blue to himself while looking around.

...

Nightmare was lost. It's all Blue Fault! Thought him.

While losing on his own thoughts, suddenly he heard someone talking behind him. It's a group of unknown teenagers. He just ignored them until he heard they were trash talking about him.

"Being a guardian of negativity, a work of demon, despise by the god itself, Nightmare is just a monster."

Nightmare stood there in confusion. He stared at them because he never knew who they are...

"Excuse me, do I even know you?"

A/n

Ohh, Ds! Nightberry? Yep, you guess right <3