Chapter Eight: Family

"Soraya." I whispered to myself, my lips still curved.

" I see you like it." Terzin chuckles at my reaction. "Names hold meaning and shows that a child's family care when they use it."

"F-family?" The unfamiliar word sounded strange to me. 

"Giving you a name means that I became your family." He says gently, resting his cheek against his hand as his other hand started to play with my hair. 

"O-oh." I really like the feel of his touch. "W-what do I call y-you?"

"You can call me Terzin..." He pauses for a moment. "Though it may be difficult for you to say... Dad or Daddy would also be acceptable."

"N-NOOO!!!!" I screamed as memories of Daddy leaving me behind and dying rushed into my head causing pain that spread everywhere from the top of my head to my toes. "NOT DADDY!!!" 

I wanted to throw up, my throat hurt so much though there was no mark from the dogs. I was both cold and hot as the world spun. I covered my ears and squeezed my eyes shut in hopes that it would make the bad memories go away. 

Suddenly, I could feel gentle pats on my back which chased away the pain and stopped the spinning but I refused to open my eyes.

Terzin continued patting me for a long time until I finally let go of my head and leaned into his chest.

"I'm sorry Soraya." The vibration from his chest tickled my ear. "You do not have to call me that at all. I didn't mean to bring back bad memories."

"I-i know." I slowly opened my eyes and met his; reading pure sadness in them. "I-i'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry about." Terzin's face goes dark for a moment before his smile came back. "Would Papa be better?"

"Papa?" I tried out the word, not noticing that Terzin stiffed up.

'Knock knock!'

"Master it is I." Mimi's voice comes in from the other side of the door. 

"Come in." 

Mimi comes in with a moving table with food, stopping in front of the desk.

"I brought porridge and fruits for you, Dear." Mimi smiles at me as she placed a tray with a bowl in front of me. "Eat as much as you like."

I stared at the steaming bowl of food in wonder, its been a really long time since I ate something hot. 

I picked up the spoon and carefully filled it with porridge. Bringing it up to my face, I stuff it into my mouth but had to spit it out as it burned my mouth.

"Ah!!" 

"Oh dear!" Mimi quickly hands me a glass of water, the cold water cooling my tongue.  "It must of been too hot!"

"Here." Terzin; no Papa, made a new spoon appear out of thin air before adding porridge and sparkly blue lights covered the spoon before disappearing. "Try it now."

I stared at the spoon for a few moments, unsure if it was still hot.

I could feel Papa's expectant eyes on me as I carefully opened my mouth for the approaching spoon- ready to move away if I thought it was too hot.

I didn't feel any heat coming from the spoon as it entered and lightly touched my tongue to the food before cleaning off the spoon; feeling the stickiness of the porridge covering my mouth before I swallowed it. 

"Hmm..." I couldn't help but hum a little, liking the feeling and warm taste of the food. Another spoon full of porridge was waiting for me as I swallowed which I happily ate. 

"Try this." Papa held out a slice of fruit. "Its an apple."

I bit into the apple, feeling the sweet juice drip down my chin as I chewed it. 

"G-good! I-its good!!" I happily ate the other slices. 

I switched between eating apples and the porridge as Papa silently offered me more. 

A few minutes later, my stomach felt really full- the first time that I could remember. 

"Feeling full?" Papa asks as he lowered his hand. 

"N-noo!" I quickly reached for the spoon and stuffed it into my mouth. 

"Oh, wait!" Mimi shout with concern and worried eyes while I swallowed the porridge. 

"Wh-" Papa starts to ask her until the last spoon-full of porridge hits my stomach and suddenly comes back up.

I threw up, food splattering everywhere: on the desk, on me, and on Papa.

Hey Everyone!!!! Long time no see! 

I've been working on this chapter for a while but I finally finished it! However this is probably going to continue for a few months unfortunately, I know how much all of you are looking forward to it.

Can you guys believe that 'The Demon King said to call him Papa' has almost reached 1k views within a month of being written!?!?!?!? I also think that it's faster than 'How the Emperor Trapped a Witch!'😳

So thank all of you for supporting me! 😘🥰🎉🎉

(Also I've seen a few comments about the audio to speech thing- I actually never put it in my chapters: it was something Wattpad did themselves so I had no control of it at all. Plus I haven't even actually listened to them so I had no idea they were monotoned.🤣🤣)