Chapter Thirty: Growing?

"Papa!" I smiled at him as he entered, watching as his shoulders seemed to relax as our eyes met.

"Hello, my daughter." His lips curled into the smile that was only for me. "You must be feeling well."

He looked at the large number of plates that dotted the bed and the long tray off to the side; Mimi and the twins were taking turns giving me food as I would hand Nova some when it got too much.   

"Yes." I swallowed some water. "I was feeling really hungry."

"Food is good for the soul." Mimi pats me on the head. "You weren't able to eat properly while you were sleeping so of course you should eat."

I had ended up sleeping for three days after the last magic flowers were removed, so it wasn't an exaggeration to say that I was starving. 

"I am glad that you have an appetite." Papa chuckles as he sits down in his reserved chair beside my bed. "Be sure to not overeat."

"Yes, Papa." I blushed a little as the memory of me throwing up on Papa a few years ago resurfaced. 

"Good afternoon." Grandpa knocks on the open door before entering. "I see that you are feeling better Granddaughter."

"Hi, Grandpa!" I smiled at him and lifted a plate towards him. "Would you like some?" 

"I had some food earlier." His magic pats me on the head as he stands at the foot of the bed. "Thank you." 

Aidan took the plate and set it down on the tray as I stretched a little. 

"Other than feeling hungry-" Dr. Strom startles me a little, coming from behind Mimi; his monocle glinting in the afternoon sun. "Are you having any other symptoms?"

"I-" I pause for a moment. "Don't think so. I don't notice anything so far."

"Looks like we will need to continue to monitor you." He half speaks to me and Papa. "We do not know what other effects can appear."

Nova's tail taps my side since I had paused in feeding them.

"You can have the rest." I slide a plate towards them, watching as Nova quickly scarfs each one down before licking their paws.

"It's quite obvious that you haven't noticed yet." Nova flicks an ear before tapping me again.

"Notice what?"

"That you've grown."

I looked towards the end of my sleeve that they were pointing at and saw that my wrist was showing with the sleeve of my nightgown a little tight around my arm.

"My! You have grown!!" Mimi gasped a little as everyone followed my gaze.

"Looks like you're finally getting your growth spurt Princess!" Aidan's ears twitched a little as Naida nodded her head.

"..." Dr. Strom had a look of concern which he shared with Papa before reaching for his bag. "I've never seen a case like this before."

"Do humans not grow?" Aidan started to get concerned.

"They do, but it's very unusual for them to grow this quickly since humans growing period can be from 5 to 16." Dr. Strom covers his human eye as his eye socket glows.

"I did not see any change in the sizing of her clothes." Mimi ponders for a moment. "Even earlier today- they fit perfectly before she had some food."

"Was there any difference in the food?"

"No." She shakes her head, her hair fluttering over her horns for a moment. "I only made her favorites in hopes that she would eat anything."

"Ow." I lean forward and rub my legs as a spike of pain suddenly appears.

"Princess!"

"Soraya!"

"Dear!"

 Everyone jumps up in concern, panicking for a second.

"Sorry." I look up at each of them. "It just hurt for a second."

"Quick!" Aidan pulls Dr. Strom over, half pulling him into my lap. "Help her!"

"If you would give me a second-" Dr. Strom manages to pull away. "I can."

Dr. Strom then starts to ask me questions, his calm and poise help everyone else relax a little before he sighs and pulls out a cloth to clean his monocle. 

"The Princess is experiencing growing pains."

"Growing pains?"

"This is what happens when human children experience a rapid change in the growth and can sometimes experience pain in their muscles and limbs. 

"Is there anything you can do?" Papa's face was turned away from me but I could feel how cold his words were. 

"I can give her some pain medicine but it is better to massage them and use a warming spell on the affected areas for a few days. "Though again, I would like to say that it is very unusual for her to grow so quickly in one day. A normal human child would take at least a couple of days."

"Are you saying that Princess isn't normal?" Aidan and Nadia's hands both brush over their sword hilts at his words.

Dr. Strom only sighs in retort, uncaring at their unsaid threat.

"It may have something to do with your blessing My King." Grandpa seems to ponder, twirling his beard around a crooked finger. "Princess Soraya is the first human to receive such an honor- this could be one of the effects."

"Maybe." Papa turned to me. "Are you feeling anything else?"

His face relaxes once I shook my head no.

"We will need to keep an eye on her." Dr. Strom says. "No running, long walks or jumping."

"Okay." I nod as they all look at me. "I promise." 

Hello Everyone! We are now at Chapter 30! I will be posting the Q&A on Sunday of this week so please keep sending me questions! I've gotten a few so far from some of you already which is why I wanted to give you time to think some more!

And also: Its spooky season once again🧟‍♀️🎃🔮! What are your favorite things to do during the fall? (This will be included in the Q&A as well)

Thanks for Reading and Love all of you!!🥰🥰