6

"this is where.. we started keeping secrets,"

"Leave me, Tris. You're falling behind, Brazen and Avarice are getting farther." Luthor said in gritted teeth, his head hurts and his eyes are rolling back from exhaustion

He's limping and he couldn't walk straight anymore eventhough Tris had him supported.

"I won't leave you, remember what Keno said? When worst comes to worst, our squad comes first." Tris whispered as she placed Luthor's arms around her nape

Luthor chuckled weakly, "He's so corny—" He wrapped his hand on his head when he felt his veins beating on his head

The headache told him to rest someplace quiet, he slowly fell on his knees and he unintentionally dragged Tris with him to the ground.

"Luthor, we need to hurry," Tris tried to make him stand but it's as if he's lost all the strength he had

"Leave Tris, I can't see straight anymore," Luthor coughed

Tris' gripped slowly loosened and just when he thought she'll leave him behind, Tris took something from the ground. His eyes were half-closed but he saw it.

He saw how Tris fought that monster, it's huge and horrifying, its body were painted black and red and its horns were too long, its end was sharp like a sword's blade

Luthor wanted to stand but he couldn't move anymore, he silently cried as he watched Tris brawl for her life.

Fear was never on Tris' vocabulary, that's why whenever they try to do something stupid they all make sure Tris would do the first move.

"Luthor!" She screamed while crying

Luthor tried to reach for her, but he's already paralyzed. His hand fell and his eyes widened in shock when he saw what happened next.

Tris was stabbed.

She was stabbed by the monster's antlers.

Blood poured out of her mouth as she gasped for air. She struggled but everytime she do, it just gets worst. Her hands were shaking as she stretched it for Luthor to reach.

Lighthing striked, and an image of Tris' body appeared right infront of his eyes, Tris is dead.

The monster didn't bother to push her corpse away from his antler, it approached Luthor with a wide grin plastering over its face.

"I know you know, Luthor." The monster spoke in a big profound voice.

'How did you know my name?'

Luthor stared at Tris as he cried helplessly. He couldn't process what's currently happening.

'If this is all just a dream, wake me up!'

"It was your choice that brought all of you here in our territory,"

And just like that he felt a sharp object enter his body, his mouth opened wide and blood seeped out of him. The monster stabbed him by its antlers just like what it did to Tris.

He wanted to fight, he wanted to get out of there, he wanted to save them. Lilith.

"This is worth the sacrifice."

That was the last thing he heard as darkness succumbed him in a never-ending void.

"We're okay, we're okay," Brazen whispered while tightly putting his hand on Avarice's mouth

They saw what happened. They saw how Tris struggled to stay alive and how Luthor stayed there lying down helplessly.

"I'll protect you, we're gonna get out of here," He whispered in a determined tone.

Tears fell on Avarice's eyes, she sobbed silently. Brazen slowly let go of her when she calmed down.

"You never change, Brazen." She whispered while sniffling as quiet as she can

Brazen stared at her questioningly. "What?"

"You're always thinking of yourself, you're so selfish, I told you we should go back! I told you to wait for them, why couldn't you wait?!" Avarice yelled, her voice measured so it wouldn't crack

"Quiet! What do you want me to do? We didn't have a choice," Brazen remarked in a gritted teeth

The tears on the edge of Avarice's eyes fell one after another, she couldn't believe him. He has always been like this, always thinking of himself and no one else.

"I chose to wait for them, you chose to run and drag me." She said in a monotone voice

Brazen sighed, "This is not the time for that, Ava. We need to get out of here."

Avarice struggled away from his clasp but Brazen is just as stubborn as she is, he didn't let go.

"Fuck, lay low Ava! We'll die if you keep doing that," Brazen widened his eyes at her yet she didn't care, Tris is her very bestfriend and watching her get killed is the most atrocious thing to happen infront of her

"Let go!" She screamed

By this time, they both knew the monster has already figured out where they're hiding. But it's already too late.

Before they could even get up and run,  Brazen was grabbed by the nape and was tossed on the other side of the area.

It was the same monster who killed Tris and Luthor. Their body is still stuck on its antlers, Avarice's orbs were shaking out of fear and remorse.

She closed her eyes when it tried to grab her, seconds passed yet she didn't feel anything. Not until Brazen's voice echoed through her ears.

"Run, Ava! Get help and find us," Brazen was fighting it by the hands

She knew how strong this man is but fighting against a monster? They both knew he won't last long.

Avarice didn't want to leave him, but she had no choice.

She looked back and their eyes met.

Brazen gave her a solemn look and a small smile.

She cried when blood came out of his mouth and nose.

"Run, our ace." He whispered to the thin air, hoping it would reach Avarice and motivate her... just like how it usually would whenever she participates in a relay race.

Avarice ran and ran until her knees went weak, she didn't know how far did she reached however she felt like wanting to die.

Her eyes witnessed the death of her three friends. Who would want to survive after that?

She ran again and again while wailing, letting herself wander insignificantly.

Not until she saw a house, the one thing she thought of is to yell help.

Not knowing that she fell on the trap arranged just for her.