A glimpse of past

Arjun is busy with his work, it's been a month since the last hearing, and it's been one month since he saw her... He did want to see her but was not desperate..... He worked hard and hard to gather the evidence... He tried to know from his trusted sources about what happened that night but he could get nothing, this is the first time it has happened and Arjun is frustrated with his ignorance...

"Hey, Arjun..... What's up ??", Raj shouted excitedly entering Arjun's cabin

"What are you doing here ?? Out now....", said Arjun without even looking at his friend's face...

"Man... It's been months since you last hung out with us... Do you realize that ??", Raj said frustration visible in his voice...

"Not now... I will come out, and party hard but only after I get Aarna out at least on bail", said Arjun with determination and finality... Raj knew that tone... He huffed and went away...

The following day, he called Geeta to his cabin...

"Did she say something ?? Anything that can lead us to the truth ??", asked Arjun with hope and Geeta hated to disappoint him...

"No Arjun, she barely talks...", she said and Arjun rubbed his temples to control his frustration

"How are her tests going on ?? Have you contacted Dr. Padmini, any important thing that I need to know ??", Arjun asked...

"Yes Arjun, I talked to her yesterday night, and she said Aarna is suffering from trauma but her silence has very little to do with it...", said Geeta...

"That means, Aarna is purposely staying mute, to avoid answering questions... Okay what does Dr. Shekharan have to say about it ??", he asked

"It can happen only because of two things Arjun, one is fear and the other is helplessness, she is stopping herself from talking only because of either of these two causes or maybe both", Geeta said and Arjun gave her a calculative look... "Well.... this is what she said....", Geeta added... and Arjun nodded

"I can't talk to Dr. Shekharan on the phone or visit her, I don't want to take that risk, ask her to prepare a detailed report", Arjun said... Geeta didn't understand why is Arjun so secretive about his involvement in this case, she thought he is just overthinking, and the Bharadwajs are not at all dangerous or cunning like Arjun thinks them to be, but what's the truth ?? only time will tell...

"Just a second", Said Geeta and disappeared only to be back with a file with 'AARNA' written on it in bold...

"She told me you would ask for it", Geeta said handing him the file...

"She is one of the top psychologists for a reason...", Arjun replied with a smile and started reading the report which is clearly written so that any average human could also understand...

"Arjun, Can I ask you something ??", Geeta started and Arjun just nodded concentrating on the file... "How did you trust her with our secret ?? You didn't even let Ritika know about you taking up Aarna's case, considering the fact that she is like your family", Finished Geeta eagerly waiting for Arjun's response...

Her question took Arjun into his deep past which was buried inside his heart years ago...

"You don't have to know that Geeta, get back to work", He said softly yet with a tough look on his face.

"Okay... okay... you don't have to be so rude... boss", said Geeta with an irritating sigh and left his cabin making Arjun smile...

Though he is very lenient with his staff and always treated them as his friends, they never compromised with the work ethics or took advantage of his friendliness, in fact, it acted as an advantage to the firm as everyone could freely approach him or Raj for suggestions and it created a healthy and competitive work environment.