Broken Souls

Days passed by and the hearing is just a week away. Arjun collected the call records of Gagan Bharadwaj long back but he didn't get anything solid, but the way he informed his father about his arrival to India surprised Arjun, also why did Gagan return to India so suddenly in the mid-semester and he was murdered the next day. Arjun strongly felt someone intentionally made him come to India just to kill him, but he didn't have anything to prove it, it was just his gut feeling.

"Send me the call records of Gagan Bharadwaj, from 3 days before he was murdered", Arjun commanded as soon as the other person accepted his call... Arjun hung up as soon as he heard "right away sir" from the other side...

He reached home, freshened up and went to his study directly, and started listening to all the call recordings carefully, and one call conversation piqued his interest...

"Dad... I am coming to Mumbai tomorrow, I don't care what you think anymore, I won't let you use me for your political gain, enough is enough", said  Gagan

"Do.not.come here Gagan, if you do, no one can save you from me, I won't let you spoil my name let alone my political career", warned Jayant Bharadwaj.

"Do whatever you can dad, even I want to see how far you could you go to save your position", said Gagan hanging up

After hearing this, the only question that came into Arjun's mind is 'Did Jayant Bharadwaj kill his own son  ??'

He put the recordings in the evidence box and started his other works but numerous questions are running at the back of his mind...

He decided to find the reason why Gagan came to India so suddenly and why his father didn't want him to come in the first place...

The next day, Raj and Arjun sat in Arjun's cabin and both started discussing the incident...

"By Gagan's words, I think something huge happened and Jayant Bharadwaj's career is on the verge of ending and he was desperate to save his a**", stated Arjun

"But what's it  ?? How do you plan on finding ?? And Arjun, I strongly feel Gagan is the reason behind his father's problem", said Raj, and Arjun nodded in affirmation...

He called Swati and asked her to send Aarna inside

"Why do you want her here Arjun  ??", Raj asked, Arjun missed the slight irritation in Raj's voice...

"You will see...", Arjun stated...

Aarna came inside and immediately frowned seeing Raj there...

"Yes, Arjun... Make it fast, I have so much work", she said

"Come and settle down, we need to discuss something, it takes time", said Arjun seriously

"Arjun, I told you I have work, I need to get this done before next week", she said getting frustrated

"Sit. down", Arjun said strongly pointing to the chair beside Raj and Aarna sat down leaving a long sigh... "Now tell me why are you working so much, to get all of it done before next week  ?? You still have time for everything, and why the hell are you training the new interns making them stay after hours  ?? As if you won't be here to look after everything after next week  ??", asked Arjun... He did realize her working so much to make sure everything goes well even in her absence but he wanted to hear from her mouth... He didn't know why is she so worried about him and his firm  ?? Is it the gratitude for what he did or is it something else  ??

"Arjun, you know why", she huffed

"No, I don't...", said Arjun folding his hands...

"Arjun, the hearing is next week and I know I am getting sentenced, but I am fine, all thanks to you, you showed me what is life, thanks Arjun, really, if you are not there, I don't know wh...", she started but Arjun interrupted her by banging his fist on the table...