Chapter 04- Rebirth

Helloo~This is your Author Nyx. It's finally Thursday and I've come to you with some new chapters. If you find any kind of mistakes, please please inform me in the comment section or you can also text me personally.◇

The next moment , all he could remember was suddenly blacking out and waking up in a soft bed. Bai Yuan opened his eyes and saw layers of satin curtains falling down from the top. His head buzzed in pain. Aside from that buzzing , he heard low voiced chattering, coming from the outside. He was certain that there were people outside. At the same time he was uncertain that those people might be those thugs and he maybe didn't die from the accident. He pressed his nerves on his forehead and concentrated on the noises coming from outside.

Unknown folks who were outside:

"That poor consort. Fate was too cruel on him."

"It's really unfortunate! He was the only son of his household. I can't even imagine what General Bai is going through right now."

"I'm feeling bad for the little prince. He's only a couple of years old!"

"What's going to happen to Prince Ye?"

"I heard Concubine Xu wants to take care of the Prince now as his acting mother."

"She's.... May Lord keep our prince safe and sound."

"This pair of mother and son is too unlucky to have been members of the Royal family. Here none cares about feelings, they just want power. That's all!"

"I heard the Emperor even refused to see 'him' for the last time. He's so biased about these things! HUMPH! Our Lord Bai loved him so much but that's what he gets in return?! Ugh! I'm mad!"

The noises subsided as soon as the wooden door slid open and a slender figure appeared in front of them, dressed in baby pink robe.

" Can you guys stay put for a moment? My headache increased hearing all those blabbering! "

" OH MY GOD!! "

" Lord Bai!"

" Master!! Wuwuwuwu"

"Your Highness, you're alive?"

Bai Yuan's veins popped up. He said between gritted teeth, "Don't you have eyes? Are they for show?"

Everyone's lips zipped up hearing that. They started to whisper among them.

'.......Is this our fragile Lord Bai?'

The servants trembled in fear and the physician who was in charge of Lord Bai's health came forward after mustering up some courage. He bowed and spoke with a concerned voice, "Your Highness, how are you feeling?"

Bai Yuan replied without a second thought, "....alright."

"Then, can this humble servant do some quick check up on Your Highness' body?" the physician said unhurriedly.

"Um- go ahead." Bai Yuan replied with a more confused face.

After the physician was done with his check up he was dumbfounded. He again asked for permission and did the same check ups a few times. All showed the same result . He blinked at the leaning Bai Yuan who had the face of a bright youthful man with a charming physical build.

"How's this possible?" he retorted.

Bai Yuan asked him with a slightly worried face, "What's wrong?"

The physician stammered as he spoke, kneeling on his knees," This humble servant has been in charge of you since you entered the Palace. But this servant has never felt your pulse so strong and rhythmic. It's circulating with a good flow. The poison, this servant, found previously in your body vanished like it had never entered to begin with. Many many congratulations on regaining your health, your majesty. "

Hearing the physician say so everyone's face gleamed with utter joy and happiness. All of them fell on their knees to prostrate to Bai Yuan. Bai Yuan creeped out seeing so many people on their knees, head touching the wooden floor which had absolutely no trace of dust that could be seen by naked eyes. He spoke, slightly panicking, "Get up, everyone."

Everyone in that large bed chamber except Bai Yuan got up and stood on their two feet, straightening their back but head lowered. After looking at them for a while he dismissed the group of unmoving dolls and the physician left by himself after prescribing some medicines to him.

After everyone had left, Bai Yuan stood up and looked around him carefully. Everything was arranged nicely. A large bed chamber with a large bed in the middle of the room. Creamy white silk curtains ,draped over the top of the wooden frame of the bed. Exquisite arrangement of candles, tables,books and other furniture made Bai Yuan's surroundings look more like a Bed chamber of a high class nobility from the traditional Chinese dramas and movies.

"So is this afterlife? Or did I get reborn?"

☆A.N: Thank you so much for reading. If you've come this far why not leave a vote to show me some love 👉👈