Chapter 46- Yuan and Song Xu

A.N: That's a loonngg chapter. I really appreciate all the comments I get💜 Thank you so much!

Small request, don't forget to let me know if there are grammatical mistakes and confusing statements.

Happy reading!

***

Yuan's nanny was starting to get worried because his temperature wasn't going down at all. She went running to the head maid who was in charge of managing the manor and finances for Bai Yuan at that time. She pleaded with her to call for a doctor. The head maid ignorantly pretended to write a letter to the doctor. The reply came soon enough saying the doctor was out of town at that time.

But in reality, the letter was never sent to the doctor. It was handed to Zhao Shinyu. She had the Head Maid already bribed. Zhao Shinyu was one year younger but more cunning than Zhao Keyu. From the day she entered Bai Mansion, she had her greedy eye set on it. Bai Yuan was young and weak to begin with. On top of that, she was jealous of his beauty and fortune. So, she never left any occasion to cause him trouble anyhow.

Thinking that sending someone to the next city and bringing a doctor would cost a lot of time. Finding no other choice, Yuan's nanny decided to take him to another city's doctor immediately. Otherwise, it'd be too late to save him. She hurriedly called a carriage and set off with Yuan. Before Yuan's nanny left, Zhao Shinyu didn't forget to send a guard with them. The foolish nanny thought it was her big-heartedness to think about their protection.

The carriage kept moving for all day and then reached the next city in the evening. The nanny finally understood Shinyu's wicked plan when the driver and guard fled, abandoning the carriage in a random alley. Yuan's nanny was scared to death. She kept hugging Yuan tightly and cried at her helplessness. Yuan, on the other hand, was hardly understanding anything happening around him. His world was blurry and full of noise. He felt cold even though his nanny was trying her best to keep him warm.

The nanny looked outside at the night market. Seeing it was bustling so much, she hesitantly took a step ahead in hopes of finding someone to their aid.

"Young master, I swear on my life, I will be back with the doctor real quick. Till then don't let anyone know of your presence in the carriage. Please."

She properly sat him down in a corner and tugged him in a blanket. She turned the lights off and went running to find a doctor nearby.

Little did she know, the predator had already sensed his prey's scent. The moment she left the carriage, two unknown people entered silently. One crouched before Bai Yuan and complimented his beauty. The other kept searching around for valuable items.

"Master, nothing more than a few gold coins."

"It's okay, Junkai. I found something more valuable."

"Are you planning to take him with you?"

"Why not? But he seems a little weak, don't you think?"

Junkai crouched down beside Song Xu and stretched his hand to touch Yuan's forehead. But his hand was swatted away.

"Don't touch. I get upset when someone touches what I've set my eyes on."

"Sorry, master. But we need a doctor soon."

Song Xu touched Yuan's face with his cold hands, "He's warm. Let's bring the doctor to my place."

Song Xu picked Yuan up on his back and started getting off the carriage. On their way to Song Xu's hideout, Yuan once came back to his senses and asked Song Xu weakly, "W-where are you taking me?"