26 - Obedience

- Chapter song: House of Balloons / Glass Table Girls, The Weeknd -

There is slight mentioning of weight gain in this chapter so if you are at all sensitive to stuff like that then I would suggest either not reading this chapter or skipping past that part <3

Once I leave the gym, I walk back to my office. The door opens and shuts and I sit behind my desk, leaning back into my chair and pinching the bridge of my nose.

A moment later there is a knock on the door.

"Come in." I say.

The door opens and Kai enters, shutting the door behind him. "You wanted to see me." He states.

"Sit." I gesture to the chair in front of me.

He sits down.

Kai isn't a small guy. He's around the same height as me and has a substantial amount of muscle on him. Yet, when I tell him to do something, he does it. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the five foot ten, supermodel-like, pest in my life. 

"One job." I start.

"I gave you one job. Watch her. Make sure she doesn't get into shit. It's been barely three weeks since I changed your job responsibilities and she's almost slept with one of Liam Miller's men, got herself drunk and high, and landed herself in a fist fight." 

"To be fair, Aurelia deserved to have some sense punched into her." He says.

He's right. But I can't condone it. The second my men start turning on each other is when this mafia will crumble. And although Aurelia isn't in my mafia, it's the message that it sends.

"I don't fucking care. Your job is to watch Ana, so do it." I tell him.

"Yes, boss."

"And tell Aurelia that the next time she comes here, I won't hesitate to put a bullet in her head." I add.

"I thought the whole reason she came here is because you asked her too." He replies.

"Absolutely fucking not. Her fucking father is the owner of a multi-billion dollar company. He wants me to marry her for power and in exchange I would own shares of the company." 

A look of realisation appears on Kai's face. "So that's why she always comes and goes around here. And you're not accepting the offer because...?" He trails off, waiting for my answer.

"Because she's fucking annoying as hell. No amount of shares or money could convince me to marry that thing." I say.

"Oh." He says.