Mrs. Cameron | Rafe Cameron

I thank Pinterest for putting this in my feed, and sparking the prompt for this imagine. Enjoy!

. . . . .

Word Count: 2.8 K

"Fell from Eden
I'm not sleeping
All you are is on my mind
Tore my heart
And now I'm scarred
I wanna go back in time
Pretending we're okay
Those words I'll never say
I saw it on your face now I know"
~"Serotonin", Alex Sampson

". . . he does stop begging as he walks across the room to the younger boy—this one with dark, confused eyes. The blue-eyed boy hugs him and then fades across the room to grab something from the table before fading back to the other boy, wooden horse gripped in his tiny hands.

"He gives the other boy the toy and whispers, 'I made him for you and named him Jax, so you wouldn't forget his name. I love you.' He glances up at his mother before adding in a voice so raw, my heart breaks, 'Don't forget me, Jax.'

"'Okay, that's enough,' his mother tells him. 'Go finish your studies. I'll be back for dinner, and I'll quiz you on them.'

"The mother and the dark-eyed boy turn and leave the other little boy all alone in the room. As the door clicks shut behind them, he falls to his knees, sobbing the way only a child can. With his whole body and heart and soul. The devastation, the pain, tears through me like an avalanche.

"Just then, a man in a suit walks into the room and towers over the boy. Then smiles. 'Use the pain, Hudson. It will make you stronger.'"

I wait for the next line, eyes closed as I lean my head back against the wall, but it never comes. I open one eye to see what's going on and see the book closed on my husband's lap, his thoughtful eyes watching me. "What's wrong?" I ask, sitting up straight.

He shakes his head with a small smile. "Just thinking about how lucky I am."

I giggle lightly at him and run my fingertips over the bubbles surrounding me. Nothing helps me relax after a long week such as this one like Rafe reading to me while I take a bubble bath does. He knows me so well.

"What happened to you reading?" I ask, eyebrow raised as I lean back again, allowing myself to relax now that I know something isn't wrong.

He rolls his eyes, all dramatics. Although, what else would I expect? "What's your deal, anyway? Like, why do you like these books so much? It's these vampires, witches, dragons and werewolves arguing all the time, and now since there's a gargoyle added to the mix, all hell is breaking loose." He complains, throwing his hands up in annoyance.

"Because it's a good book. And you promised me you would read to me while I take my bath."

He sighs, reaching out to run a hand over my hair. He's always telling me how much he loves my hair. The silkiness, the rich color that he claims only I can match. And he always tells me that it's never tangled, though that isn't true when it comes to me having to deal with it. "I am reading to you. I just wanted to take a minute to appreciate my gorgeous wife." He leans over to gently kiss me, rubbing his thumb over my cheek as he does.

I smile against his lips. "I must be the luckiest girl on the planet, ending up with Rafe Cameron as a husband, huh?"

He chuckles. "Oh, hell yeah. I'm the best." He boasts, making me laugh.

"You really are. I don't know what I would do without you."

"You'd be working the same hours, that's for sure, you stubborn woman."