Machiavelli, Wintour and I

THE BIRTHDAY BASH WAS IN FULL SWING AS SOON AS DRACO SAT DOWN.

He hadn't stood up since then,  about 43 minutes ago.

His world was  still spinning.

Or perhaps, he could claim to be the first human to feel the Earth move.

All the Girlies and their respective Burlies were dressed to the beige, brown and white nines, and the whole place... it just looked, looked like a completely different world.

The bright  and numerous sudden flashes of cameras couldn't even  shake the boy out of his reverie.  His mind too busy recounting the past 40 minutes.

  Caspian Wentworth's camera was hot with all the polaroids and whatnot.  Wisps  of his  strawberry blonde hair  frayed from under the beige fisherman beanie he wore. A simple white shirt encased within a well fitted brown Autumn coat  and trousers had him looking totally different from his usual .

"Smile for me."  

 Caspian cooed, bringing the camera close to Alifa's face.   

 Alifa was dressed too well, as usual.  A cropped dark brown and white Argyle sweater covering her top half, were tucked in with a dark brown skirt and knee high brown boots. Her  long coily hair was half up half down and her face was framed by brown rectangular sun-glasses.  

Alifa  Océane  gently lifted her glasses up, getting a clearer view  of his features.  The gentle cluster of muted  freckles , danced with the fairy-lights  against his pale skin.  It appeared glowing and faded.  

She smiled a coy smile, just for him.  

He shook his head slightly, his corner lips raised. 

"I know you can do better than that. I've seen it. "  he mused , and winked.

Alifa curled her lips  a-

"C'mon Alifa , we're giving gifts."  

Nikita Acharya  and Aria Viron had watched  the little interaction between the pai- two of them. Not that Alifa and Caspian even seemed to notice. They would ambush her when the time was right.