26. A small breakdown

Was it a reckless move? Yes.

Was it a good idea to announce his position as a Clan Head? Yes, it will provide Naruto with political immunity.

Was it necessary to verbally attack the leader of the Konohagakure no Sato? Probably no.

Was it needed to be done in front of an audience? Definitely no.

Questioning the leader of a military village in front of their subjects, was the most guaranteed way to declare high-level treason. And he should have avoided such a display. Considering all the problems, Naruto should have tried a political approach. But he was not Alpha, and he was working on instincts. He was just on guard duty and all of a sudden he was trying to control different fronts of simple chakra exhaustion. He was not qualified to handle such situations. And now the outcome of his decisions was standing in front of him. He did not know what was more damaging, white-faced old Lord Third or his shell-shocked past comrades.

As the current leader of Konohagakure no Sato walked away with a broken look, Naruto was once again faced with a dilemma. The last time they came to know his secret, they already had a strong bond with Naruto—a bond of understanding and trust. But now, every single thing is different. Most of them were not even friends, yet. And he was not sure whether they would be friends this time. That's why he was afraid of their reactions. So he avoided their eyes for now.

"Kakashi-sensei, do you have a stasis seal with you? I can temporarily stop Boss from lashing out. But you need to transport him there as soon as the stasis seal is placed on him." Naruto said and waited for his answer.

Kakashi was mentally exhausted. He had stayed behind to look after his students. In a single night, a lot had changed. One moment, he was worried for his student, the next moment he was trying to convince the Lord Third, and next, he was trying to stop his student's clone from declaring treason.

"Naruto was it really necessary to act this way? He might concede to our request." Kakashi asked while taking out the stasis seal. "And what do you mean by memory block? When did that happen?"

"I don't know what to say Sensei anymore. A lot of things transpired. Boss is not safe here Sensei. I heard that they are already planning to order a Yamanaka snoop in Boss's head. And the Council will agree with it sooner or later. The Shadow wouldn't leave him alone. And Boss has been through a lot because of the Council. There..." Naruto sighed. It wasn't easy to convince others without giving themselves away. "There are a lot of things that need to be taken care of. His health, his heritage, his responsibility, and his promises. He can't do those if he is chained as a private weapon."

Kakashi flinched at that. Because that's what they all were. But being a jinchūriki, Naruto was more of a weapon than a person.

"And being Uzumaki head will give Boss the political leverage and public immunity for being the son of Minato Namikaze."

"But they both have nationwide enemies. They wouldn't like that they have a progeny."

"Perhaps. But it's been 12 years and they had already died a violent death. What can be more iconic than housing the 'murderer' of his parents in himself? They wouldn't try until and unless Boss provoked them. And right now, Boss has a more pressing matter to resolve. He needs to find the person who instigated the Kyuubi attack 12 years ago." Naruto answered with a shrug.

"What about the security? Only we can access your house."

Naruto smiled sadly at that. "Don't worry. I have arranged for an intent-based barrier, reinforced by chakra and blood around the perimeter. Boss will be protected there. And I was hoping you'll stay behind. Boss had cleaned the second bedroom." Naruto asked this time. Because the mere presence of ex-anbu can secure the area more.