3●

A Bunch of paper is spread out here and there with a pile of books. Writing something on paper she sighs in irritation.
Her exams are around the corner and she hasn't studied anything yet. Her two assignments are pending. Who said literature is easy?

After her marriage to her hothead husband, she didn't study much and now this pressure is killing her. 

Besides all these, they have a family function to attend. But the biggest question is, would he join?

"Maha, yeh button laga dou?" He entered the study room and ask her.

"Wear something else, I'm busy." Without giving a second thought she speaks loudly.

"Watch your tone while talking to me, biwi." He raised his voice and speak pondering each word. He was taken aback because f her tone.

"Shaam hogai hai, jaldi aana, ghr jaana hai." She responds to him ignoring his words.

"Woh ghr hai tou yeh kya hai?" He asked her in irritation. What's wrong with her? Why has her behavior so changed, all of sudden?

"Kahi Rayyan tou nhi aaney wala hai?' He asked to irritate her. Till now he understood his wife never had feelings for her ex-fiance.

"Rayyan tou nhi lekin Naba appi zaroor aney wali hai." There she hit his nerves.

Within a second he sat in front of her, tightly grasp her cheeks with his fingers, and speak in anger " Limit cross mat karo, Maha"

"Kyun? Aap karey tou theek mei Karu tou galat?" She daringly asked. Her insecurities got the best of her.

Naba and Zaef were engaged. He was madly in love with her. He was ready to do anything for her. At that moment he was struggling, he was working part-time under some big company, and side by side he was preparing for his clothing brand. He didn't have much money and wanted to do something on his own, he used to live in Khan Villa.

Naba broke the engagement when the family decided to get them to marry and the reason she gave was very unacceptable to him. That reason broke him to the core. For God's sake, he loved her.

She didn't want to get married to him because he was not earning well and also he has black spots on his left cheek which makes him unpresentable. She can't introduce him as her husband to her friend circle and many more things which he can't hear further.

He was completely shattered after that. He didn't want to face anyone in the house, what if they also think the same about him? He leaves the house after a month and never shifts back again. His mother didn't stop him from thinking might be he'll be better but things get worst.

He didn't get any support from his family throughout his struggle. All they do is the comparison between him and his elder brother Zaad.

When his father asked him to marry Maha, he didn't deny it. There's no point in denying and despite everything that matters the most is the family's respect.

He loses his hold on her cheeks and left the house after picking something else to wear.
Because of her insecurity, she hurt him. She knows everything but still, she stoops so low. She moved on because Rayyan was nothing but like a brother to her but, he was head over heels in love with Naba.

She quickly collects everything and places them on the table and enters their bedroom. She took out a light blue knitted t-shirt with white jeans for him and her she decided to go in a baby pink color suit.

She irons their clothes and cleans his closet. It took her 2 hours to do this. It's already 7:45 and he's not home yet.

She picked up her phone from the bed and dialled his number. She tried a few times but his phone is out of reach.

Didn't want to waste time, she started getting ready. With time, she's getting scared thinking about his where about.  She picked a perfume to sprinkle some when someone ring the bell.

She hurriedly moves towards the hall and opens the door. Without uttering a word he step inside and sat on the sofa. She pour water into a glass kept in front of him but stand up moved towards the bedroom.

+++

They cross the threshold together and everybody looked at them. He didn't wear the cloth she took out for him and it upset her. Everyone was present there even Naba too.

They meet everyone and Maha went towards the kitchen to help Zifaal, who's making tea for everybody. Desi people's craze for tea is unmatchable.

"Arey, Zaef bht dino baad mil raho. Kha gayab ho aaj kal?" Hassan genuinely asked Zaef.

"Mei tou yehi hun Hassan, tumhi shehr se bahar rehto hou." He replied casually.

"Hassan Bhai, abb tou Zaef Bhai pehle kay muqabley bht aaney lagey hai Shaadi kay baad." Zardaan passed a teasing comment and Naba left the place feeling uneasy in his presence.

She didn't expect him to come because he never attend any family gatherings.

Zifaal and Maha come with tea in the lounge and serve everyone.

Mir Ahmed clear his throat and speak. "Aajaye yeha sab log saath mei. Mujhey kuch announcement karni hai." He said referring to each member of the house.

"Agle mahine Zardaan aur Zifaal ka nikkah hai." He break the news and everybody looked happy. Zifaal was blushing and Zardaan happiness know no bound.

Soon they all sat at the dining table and the clattering sound of the spoon is audible. She sat next to her husband who ignore her throughout the time.

"Yeh tou kuch zada hi gussa hogaye." She thought and extend her hand to the right side to pick a carb of nihaari and serve him.

His mother saw this and smiled wholeheartedly. There's someone to take care of her son. This is not the first time she saw Maha doing something like that but every time she sees it makes her happy.  She misses her son so much.

While they were eating, Maha poke her finger multiple times on his thighs but that man didn't spare her a glance. Then she slowly draws the word Sorry there. He noticed it and automatically smile spread on his.

+++

After changing into a comfortable pajama and completing her night skincare routine. She moves towards their bed, where her angry husband is laying. She lay beside him and move closer. He still didn't react and behaved like no one is existing next to him. Otherwise,  he didn't sleep without holding or touching her.

She moved a bit closer and keep her head on his shoulder, he still didn't give a reaction. She snatched his phone from his hand and keep it away.

"Yeh kya tareeqa hai Maham?" He asked baffled.

"I'm Sorry!" She said with puppy eyes.

He didn't respond to her and run his fingers through his hair, inhaling deeply.

She kept her hand on his cheeks and turn him towards her.

"I'm Sorry, meri jaan. I promise next time I won't say something like that." When she refers to him as meri jaan his eyes soften but he composes himself. He removed her head from his shoulder and turn the other side.

+++

How was it?

🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️