Chapter 36

"My wife grew up in the prairie and looked forward to the life of the prairie, and my eldest daughter also loved horses very much, so I, as a father, also studied some."

As soon as Fu Yanlin heard this, he knew that his wife was referring to Aunt Li, not his wife. It is well known that Lord Mu spoils Aunt Li, and Aunt Li is Mu Huanqing's own mother.

"However, it is difficult to tame a thousand-mile horse. My eldest daughter looks like a thousand-mile horse's temperament. Even if she gets married, she has a marquis's house and has to live in Zhuangzi for four years."

Fu Yanlin was stunned, stopped, and turned his head to look at Mu Cangying.

It turns out that he has known for a long time. Fu Yanlin's face instantly sank, and the vigilance in his eyes increased greatly. These words circled for a long time, and the original purpose was to threaten him.

"What does Lord Shepherd mean? Is it to threaten me in this way? If so, you will be disappointed. Since you know that she lives on Zhuangzi, you should also know the reason why she went to Zhuangzi. If you want to sue me in front of the emperor, you are not afraid."

Seeing his son-in-law's gloomy face, Mu Cangying shook his head and smiled.

"Don't worry, son-in-law. I won't tell the emperor, but also decide not to ignore this matter. I just want to tell you that I married Qinger to you at the beginning not to win over your Fu family, but Qinger is my favourite daughter. I want to find a good match for her." Speaking of this, Mu Cangying suddenly straightened up and looked at him with a solemn face. " I understand that you can't treat Qinger well because of my prejudice, but if you are really not suitable, just look away. If you really want to divorce, I will not stop you, but will also help the emperor plead. From then on, she will be released back to the prairie and let her continue to be a thousand-mile colt on the grassland."

Fu Yanlin was surprised by this speech. His serious expression when he looked at Lord Mu was not like a joke at all, but serious.

"Yan Lin, do you think the Prime Minister's opposition to the emperor's Ma Zheng is for his own benefit, or do you really think that this policy is not beneficial to the country and oppose it? Today, the emperor is in his prime. He is dedicated to the people and wants to make a difference, but he is constrained by the elders. It is difficult to reach out his ambition. Is this the blessing of the people or their disaster?"

At this point, Mu Cangying stopped talking and left the answer to Fu Yanlin to think about it himself. He smiled freely and flirted with his robe and went back to Mufu.

Fu Yanlin saw his carriage drive away, and he also climbed on the horse's back and rode him home.

Mu Cangying's words really made Fu Yanlin ponder.

Because he went out to lead the army to suppress bandits, he worked outside for several months in order to handle the horse theft case. It was really hard. In order to reward him, in addition to giving him gold and silver, the emperor specially allowed him half a month's rest and could rest at home.

However, Fu Yanlin got half a month's leave, but he was not at peace in the house. On the first day, an aunt made up his mind in order to compete for him to stay in his room at night.

He read military books in his study. Fu Yanlin has long been tired of this kind of thing, either by sending someone to invite him or for something. In the past, my aunt quarrelled so much that it was wrong to go to anyone's room, so he ordered him to go down and say that he would stay in the study tonight so that they could rest.

Although he didn't have to go to court, he was so thoughtful that he handed over a post to invite him, or came to give gifts, hoping to win him up.

As a marquis of Zhenyuan, Fu Yanlin can't be pushed away, so he has to socialise and deal with it. He was busy all day and returned to the house. Before he had a few sips of tea and a hot chair, a servant came to inform him and told him which aunt had an accident, so he went to visit her in that aunt's room.