»»---->Year 1 - Chapter 12<----««

I have nothing to say so enjoy the chapter folk.

Madam Malkin was a squat, smiling witch dressed all in mauve.
"Hogwarts, dear?" she said when Harry started to speak. "Got the lot here— another young man being fitted up just now, in fact."

In the back of the shop, a boy with a pale, pointed face was standing on a footstool while a second witch pinned up his long black robes. Madam Malkin stood Harry on a stool next to him
slipped a long robe over his head, and began to pin it to the right length while a third witch placed another stool next to the boy for the Gwen.

"Hello," said the boy, "Hogwarts, too?"

"Yes."

"Yup."

Harry and Gwen answered at the same time.

"My father’s next door buying my books and mother’s up the street looking at wands," said the boy. He had a bored, drawling voice. "Then I’m going to drag them off to look at racing brooms. I don’t see why first years can’t have their own. I think I’ll bully father into getting me one and I’ll smuggle it in somehow."

"Have you got your own broom?" the boy went on.

"No," said Harry.

The boy turned to Gwendolyn and asked. "Do you have a broom?"

"Had actually, it broke when I whacked my brother with it. Mum said I'll get another one when I'm thirteen."

The boy turned back to Harry.

"Play Quidditch at all?"

"No," Harry said again, wondering what on earth Quidditch could be.

"I do— Father says it’s a crime if I’m not picked to play for my house, and I must say, I agree. Know what house you’ll be in yet?"

"No," said Harry, feeling more stupid by the minute.

"Well, no one really knows until they get there, do they, but I know I’ll be in Slytherin, all our family have been— imagine being in Hufflepuff, I think I’d leave, wouldn’t you?"

"There's nothing wrong with being a Hufflepuff matter of fact they are absolutely fun to be around just like the rest of the houses from what I heard from my brother." Gwen snapped. "So if you don't have anything good to say, I would appreciate it if you keep your mouth shut!"

And he did indeed keep his mouth shut.

"I say, look at that man!" said the boy suddenly, nodding toward the front window. Hagrid was standing there, grinning at Harry and Gwen and pointing at three large ice creams to show he couldn’t come in.

"That’s Hagrid," said Harry, pleased to know something the boy didn’t. "He works at Hogwarts."

"Oh," said the boy, "I’ve heard of him. He’s a sort of servant, isn’t he?"

"He’s the gamekeeper," said Harry. He was liking the boy less and less every second. "Yes, exactly. I heard he’s a sort of savage— lives in a hut on the school grounds and every now and then he gets drunk, tries to do magic, and ends up setting fire to his bed."

"I'm sorry, but I don't remember asking you for that information," Gwen said, angrily.

"And I think he’s brilliant," said Harry coldly.

"Do you?" said the boy, with a slight sneer. "Why is he with you? Where are your parents?"

Noticing Harry's saddened look Gwen cut in.

"They’re dead so is my father," said Gwen shortly. She didn’t feel much like going into the matter with this boy and for Harry's sake.

"Oh, sorry," said the other, not sounding sorry at all. "But they were our kind, weren’t they?"

"Now that is none of your business" Gwen replied in a sassy tone.

Before The boy could say anything, Madam Malkin said, "That’s you done, my dears," and Harry, not sorry for an excuse to stop talking to the boy, hopped down from the footstool.

"Well, I’ll see you two at Hogwarts, I suppose," said the drawling boy.

"Oh, Joy," Gwen said sarcastically.

Harry was rather quiet as he ate the ice cream Hagrid had bought him (chocolate and raspberry with chopped nuts).

They stopped to buy parchment and quills. Harry cheered up a bit when he found a bottle of ink that changed color as you wrote. When they had left the shop, he said,
"Gwen, what’s Quidditch?"

"It's basically like soccer but they play in the air on a broomstick and everyone has a position on the team— you find out more at Hogwarts," said Gwen

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
Short ass chapter I know. Hope you enjoyed the chapter see you soon bye for now,

-Maddie