Chapter 2: Ninja

Just as Luffy was about to stretch his arms, he paused and cocked his head at you. "Wait, you're a girl?"

"Does it matter?"

"No. Shishishi!" He laughed and stretched his arm.

'Please, don't tell me he's going to stretch all the way to their ship?''

You watched as Luffy's arm got smaller and smaller by the distance. After some seconds, he tugged his arm a few times.

"Hang on for a second--"

"Here we go!" Luffy's tightened his hold on you as he lifted his feet off the ground. You could feel the wind hitting your face horribly. You didn't give a damn if your cloak fell or not; you weren't even sure if you were going to live after this.

Who knew a five-second ride would cut your lifespan in thirds?

You crashed onto something. It was definitely not the floor.

"Sanji-kun! Tony-kun!" Someone yelled.

Luffy laughed. "Sorry 'bout that, Sanji, Chopper!"

The person under you groaned, trying to sit up. His pretty blue eyes scanned yours. He then trailed lower, blue eyes quickly morphing into bright red hearts. Then his body slammed back on the wooden floor. You quickly got off of him, afraid that you might've killed the man.

"Luffy! Stop bringing people to the ship! They could be an enemy!" The redhead from before scolded the straw-hat boy.

"(Y/n)'s not an enemy!" Luffy pouted.

"(Y/n)? Ace's friend from earlier? I thought she was a man." She stared at you in a daze. Now that your hood had fallen, she could tell you were anything but a man. She could see your (h/c) hair softly bob around your shoulders, the rest tied back, hidden by the cloak. You fumbled to get your hood back on, uncomfortable with the woman's gaze.

"Oh, that's right! Ace!" Luffy ignored the woman. You could feel her anger slowly bleed out of her aura, a fist ready and able.

"Don't ignore me!"

"I guess he'll be fine. Ace is strong!"

The redhead curled her fist tighter at his ignorance, letting out a sigh once she knew he was never going to listen.

"Ace is strong?" A small voice asked. You lowered your stare to look at the creature. Was that the reindeer Luffy mentioned? It had antlers that made it similar to a deer but smaller than most. Maybe it was a type of deer. Its fur looked soft; the big button eyes added to its air of charm. You were in slight awe at the newfound creature.

Your eyes traveled a bit, and there was also a bird. A big one wearing a cute hat. You wondered if it was rideable.

Luffy talked about Ace and a little bit of their past. And although the crew was listening intently to his words, you still knew they had their guards up around you. You couldn't blame them; you probably were twice as cautious as they were, especially with the swordsman.

"Who... can win what now?"

Ace popped out from the side, landing above where Luffy used to lean on.

"Ace! This is the crew I was talking about!"

"Oh! Thank you all for taking care of my brother!" The cowboy tipped his hat, followed by a bow of gratitude.

"Eh, oh. Not at all." The crew replied, dipping their heads in respect as well.

"He might be a bit too much to handle..."

"No, not at all."

"Please take care of him." Ace smiled gratefully at the crew.