Chapter 21

Chapter 21-

_______________________

"Amelia, can you go buy some milk at the store? We're all out!"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm going!"

It's been at least two weeks since Tony has moved in with us. His daughter wanted to stay at school she goes to for a few days so she could be with her friends. She'll be here maybe in a few days or so. Tony staying here..... actually feels like a normal family again. We eat breakfast together with mom, we go out to the mall, we hang out at home.....just like a family. He makes the house feel just bit more lively for us.

And, I haven't been going to Nathan's house to work. He actually came up to me at school and asked why I wasn't going to his house, and all I said was 'family problems'. He just told me he understood and left, and I kinda felt guilty, that I was lying to him because I didn't want to work for him. And because I had a feeling that Rider was going to be there everyday. I'm pretty sure Rider and Nathan under the same roof won't be the best idea right now because of what happened.

The competition has still been going on. Nathan successfully won the math competition with his God-like math skills, even though he always copies my homework. Emma ran the mile and won that one too making our team in the lead. Emma completely forgot about Taylor's "failure" in our first competition and she's very relieved about that. Though, I don't mind loosing this competition. Going to Hawaii isn't that great....I guess. And if I say this to Emma, I know for a fact that she'll throw another tantrum at me for saying something "stupid" and "idiotic".

I start to head towards the nearest grocery store which wasn't far from here. Lots of people were walking around the streets early in the morning as I walked inside the store. The cashier woman greeted me with a heavy accent while I greeted her back. There wasn't much people inside, which meant I could just get my things here and leave.

I walked towards the dairy isle and grabbed the milk in the fridge. But right when I turned around, I bump into a lady. "Woah---I'm sorry." The lady covered half her face with a scarf and wore a heavy coat, but it wasn't even that cold outside. She gave me a stern face, which seemed oddly familiar. Her cold blue eyes locked with mine, but then softened when she looked down. "Sorry...."

I cock my head toward the side and stare at her closely and realize who she really is.

"Mrs. Masterson?"

She immediately looks up at me and puts her hand against my mouth. I look at her with a crazed face as she lowers her hand. "Uh---my bad. It's just reflexes. You never know if you're ever surrounded by stalkers here. Because you know--I'm famous."
I nod my head and step back a little, mostly because I was a little terrified of seeing her again.

"W-why are you at a grocery store? Don't you have people that do that for you?" Mrs. Masterson harshly opens the fridge and grabs a carton of eggs. "I have to be a mother sometimes ya'know. Can't always travel around the world and show people my extraordinary talents. I have kids at home to take care of."

Now she cares?
Mrs. Masterson stands up straight and clears her throat. "Actually, I also saw you coming in here.....and I needed to tell you something important."
"W-what is it?" I try not to remember the scene where I slapped her face without even knowing.

She hesitates and starts to look around, then looks at me seriously. "Maid, I'm sorry for what I said about your mom. You know, about the whole her being a slut or whore or something---"
"Ok ok, you don't need to re-tell the story." I interrupted her.
She nods her head and went on,

"Honey, let me tell you something. I'm a pretty grumpy person. I hate it when people stare at me, when people talk about me, when someone corrects me especially. And I guess when you slapped me....you kind of brought me back to reality. I'm someone famous and that's all I care about. I don't even bother remembering I have kids. They didn't really seem important at the time. But then, I started to remember all the good memories I had with my family before I went to start my career again. And now because of that, I'm actually spending more time with them."