Chapter 12

Before I start the story I just want to seriously apologize! I'm a horrible updater! I know! GAHHH! I think I only update when people start asking me 😩 Again, sowwy, I'll try my best to update more.

***
Chapter 12:

__________________________

It's 7:10

I told Sebastian where I was going and he agreed to help me take my shift but on one condition---help buy a birthday present for Blake. Blake never told me when his birthday was, until Sebastian told me. Apparently, his birthday is in 3 weeks, December 1st. I agreed to help out Sebastian, mainly because he looked lost and really needed help.

I wait patiently on the couch with my white dress and my hair straightened. I can feel my hands shaking, I'm actually really nervous. My feet start tapping, my heart is racing. I don't know what to expect at a high school party. I breathe in and out to try to calm myself down. Tiny footsteps approach me. Blake sits right next to me with his pajamas on. "Why are you wearing pajamas Blake?" I asked.

He smiles and flops back on the couch. "I'm having a sleepover!" I smile and turn my gaze to him, "that's great! Who are you inviting?" Blake sits back up and his smile widens even more, "With Natalie!" My smile freezes, I open my mouth and no words come out. "Th-that, um, with Natalie? A girl? Why?" "Well, she told me she's never been to a sleep over, so I told her to come over tonight. We're going to have so much fun! We're gonna watch movies, eat pizza, play games, and then sleep in my room!"

I almost faint, but I remembered how old he was. My hand rests on his shoulder as I try to find words to say to him. "Have fun kiddo, but not too much fun." Blake gives me a suspicious smirk, "I make no promises" and he runs off to the kitchen. I shake my head as I try not to remember a face that reminded me of what he said but laugh at him.

Sebastian let me borrow his phone for me to call the house for whenever I want to come home so he could pick me up. I look at the time, and 10 minutes have passed. I sigh and waited and waited, until the door bell finally rang. I sprang up to my feet and walked to the door. My hand reach the doorknob and I open it.

"Nathan?"

Nathan stands outside while holding someone's hand, Natalie. I open the door more and invite them in. Blake pops out of nowhere, takes Natalie's hand, and runs towards the kitchen. "She was really excited for this." I turn my head around and chuckle, "So was Blake." We stand there for a few minutes until he broke the silence,

"What are you all dressed up for?" Nathan looks at me from top to bottom, I turn away and replied. "Taylor invited me to go to a party, and I'm waiting for her to pick me up." Nathan grabs his phone off his pocket and hands to me. There was a picture of Taylor and another girl, Kira,drinking with a group of guys, and it said the picture was taken 10 minutes ago.

That idiot, I thought, she forgot all about me. I sigh, "Well that's that. I guess I'll be staying home then. Bye Nathan." I start to walk away but he caught my hand on time. He looks at me, "You shouldn't put that outfit to waste, I'll take you to the party. I was on my way there." I hesitate for a moment and look back, Blake and Natalie were running around the house like it was fun. "...Fine, but I want to go home before 10."

Nathan looks at me in confusion, "Why so early?" I start heading towards the door, "because I want to hang out with Blake and Natalie afterwards." I see Nathan smile as he heads out the door with me.
~~~

Music was blaring, colorful lights were everywhere, teenagers were drinking, some were kissing. I stayed close by Nathan's side because I didn't want to be alone. He notices me getting close to him so he puts his arm around me. I make a face but just went along with it,"Have you ever been to a party like this?" He asked. "No..." I muttered. I hear him laugh as we head towards the bar.