Chapter 30

Chapter 30:

____________________________

"Hey, do you know what ever happened to that one contest that was held at school?" I asked.

"Oh yeah......well they canceled it. It was only because a kid robbed a laptop cart, and right when they discovered who it was he broke all of them. So, they cancelled that Hawaii trip to pay for a new laptop cart." Responds Ethan.

"Damn.....that sucks."

It was almost May, which meant it was almost time for school to end----and for graduation.
Taylor, Ethan and I sat outside of the school in the shade, waiting for Kira to get out of school.
Yes, Kira.

Surprisingly, we became very good friends with after finding out she was in a book club with Ethan. They're practically best friends now which is fine with me. But Taylor hasn't gotten used to her sadly, but she's working on it.

"Goddamnit Kira! Where the hell is she??"

"Taylor! Calm down, Kira just has to retake a test so let's just wait for her."
Taylor pouts in frustration and looks the other way while Ethan sighs at her.

I smile at them, for them just being themselves. I realized how long I've been friends with them. They have always been there for me since the beginning and I am happy for that. Taylor want to be a photographer, while Ethan wants to become a doctor. As for me, I'm not sure at all.
I mean, I like to clean. But I don't want to be a full time maid worker. Never again.
But hopeful something comes to mind later on.

"Amelia!"
Taylor elbows my arm and motions me upward. I look up and surprisingly see Nathan stand right in front of us.

"Nathan....?"
He gives me a small smile and puts his hand out. I lay my hand on top of his while he pulls me up.
"Is it okay with you guys if I steal her for just a moment?"
Taylor and Ethan both give each other a worried look, but allowed him to talk to me.
Nathan continues to hold my hand as we walk under a different tree.

I haven't even talked to Nathan for a very long time, so seeing him again made me feel weird. I don't even know if he knows I'm dating Daniel.
Nathan finally stops under a tree and faces me.

He smiles and let's go of  my hand.
"It's been a while, huh?"
"Y-yeah..."

"Does this seem awkward for you?"
"Very."
"Hmm me too, but I really wanted to talk to you."
I raise my head and finally met his gaze, waiting for whatever he was gonna tell me.

"So, I've been informed that you and Daniel are dating. Is that true?"

I nod my head again.

"Wow.....to think that the playboy would actually settle with one girl. Very surprising since he would always have sex with his maids. But shockingly, you didn't let that happen. Which is what I admired about you, Amelia."

What he admired about me.....
"Is that all you need to say Nathan? Or what---"

"If you had never been a maid for Rider, but knew me, would we would have had any chance at all to be together?"

My eyes widen when he said that. Nathan looked at me seriously, but I accidentally chuckle in response. But truthfully, if I hadn't know Daniel, maybe the outcome would have been different. Maybe I would have ended with Nathan------or maybe not.