Chapter SIXTEEN - Obito's Final Death

Chapter 16

Another time-space opened up; a rush of green bubbling liquid flooded out.

"A sea of acid!" Tsunade said, shocked.

"I wonder where'd you find a dimension with a sea of acid?" Rin asked.

"You okay?" Obito asked, watching Sakura throw her flak vest off, tearing off a sleeve where the acid had briefly brushed off on her.

"I'm fine, this isn't too bad."

"You're a medic ninja, right?" Obito panted, "I can wait until you heal yourself. That place wasn't the right one, either. We'll try the next after we rest-,"

Sakura slipped behind him, "Don't you worry about me, I don't want to waste this chance that Naruto gave us!"

"Why won't you treat your wounds?"

"There's a limit to our chakra, right? C'mon, let's go."

"Stubborn girl." Tsunade laughed.

"Wonder where she gets that from..." Jiraiya scoffed.

"Sensei, I wouldn't encourage saying that-." Minato started as he watched Jiraiya get put into a chokehold by Tsunade.

"You wanna see stubborn!?" Tsunade tightened her grip, a sinister grin forming on her face, "Let's see how stubborn I am when you're turning purple!"

Obito looked back for a moment, "Wanna help him if he starts tripping." He laughed for a moment.

"Okay, let's do this."

"Yes!" The seals on Sakura's face reappeared and travelled down Obito's arms again.

A new rift opened up to a scorching desert.

"Sasuke!" Mikoto pointed to her son, trudging around the sandy dunes.

"Dude looks like he could use a water flask." Obito joked.

"Found him!"

"Sasuke, over here! Hurry!"

Both Sakura and Obito suddenly felt the strain of chakra exhaustion hit them both hard. The time-space portal closing rapidly as Sasuke ran towards them.

It closed before Sasuke could enter.

"No!" Fugaku grunted. "They were so close too."

"I'm pretty sure he made it in time," Minato said, "That ability from his left eye..."

Before Sakura could collapse from exhaustion, she was caught from behind by Sasuke.

"How?" Obito panted.

"It's one of my abilities, I can shift myself between spaces, though only a finite distance. But thanks to that, I made it here."

Kaguya flew through the air, destroying clones left and right.

"The clones are just being burned through at some rapid speeds." Kushina whispered.