Chapter 32: Sacrifice

Clare's POV: (Before Mitch and Josh arrived)

Before I knew it, I smelled many rogues. Quinn was no longer alive, I had smelled his blood. The exit gate was unhinged and thrown and now almost 30 women and children were left unguarded.

The women stood with the children behind them, many were crying and praying, others were trying to calm down the kids. I stood in front of the entrance of the cavern that we stood in. This was my pack. No matter what I had to protect them, even if it meant death for myself. I looked back over my shoulder at my pack and nodded towards one of the tunnels. Quickly, they began jogging down the tunnel, away from the main cavern and the original exit and entrance where I stood. I looked fearfully at the main exit tunnel as I saw a shadow creeping slowly against the tunnel's dark wall. Suddenly, a familar head of blonde hair approached and Will was squeezing me in a hug.

"Where have you been?" I whispered into his ear.

"I escaped the basement after the rogues seized the pack house. The men are still fighting. I couldn't find Mitch, although you don't feel any sense of death at the moment?", I shook my head no, "Good. Then he's alive. Where are the other pack members?"

"I told them to head down that tunnel", I pointed to the tunnel, "I was going to lead the rogues away."

"Alright. I'll stay with you. Come on, let's go, they're coming." Will said. We chose a different tunnel and began running down the dirt path. The lamps were beginning to fade and before we knew it, entire darkness surrounded him and I and I was holding onto this shirt for direction.

"There should be a cavern coming up." I said. I could smell the rogues getting closer and every once in awhile, you heard their scrawny yet psychotic yips echo down the tunnel's walls. The tunnel finally opened up and Will stepped back as we realized what had happened. The Alpha of King's Pack stood with some 200 pack members in the tunnel. The lamps flared on and we could easily see the silver crow bars, silver chains and shackles at the vicious pack's feet. King's Pack was based in Alaska and were alliances with Cold Creek. They knew everything about what Cold Creek did to me, yet they never said a word or cared.

"Good to see you well and alive, Clare. Haven't seen your pretty face in a year or so." The Alpha, Chase, chuckled evily.

I glared and shot daggers at him with my eyes before replying, "Barely alive after what you let Luke do to me."

Chase laughed. "Wow sweetheart. You're hilarious. Except know this, know one cares whether you live or die except for what's his name...Mitch? But I think we all know he'll reject you once he finds out your dirty, little secret?" Chase grinned from ear to ear.

"Oh, you want to share secrets? Here, let me help. I think we all know how many mates you've had?" The pack looked obvlivious and surprised. "Chase here, has had 12 mates. And every single one of them he has rejected and abandoned. Iwonder who will be next?" I looked over at Chase's current mate and saw the tears well up in her eyes before she beat against his chest.

Chase growled before pushing her away and advancing towards me. Will stood protectivly in front of me but Chase easily shoved him into the muddy wall. Chase stood inches from my chest and I could tell he was angry by the way he breathed heavily. His eyes switched from black to his normal brown and he fought to regain control.

"Bring them out, boys." Chase commanded as two of his betas went to retrieve somthing from the other tunnel.

No. No. No. No. No. No.

"Josh. Mitch." Tris stammered and cried out in pain. Josh and Mitch were tied with silver chains and shackles around their legs and wrists. I didn't let Chase see my panic though. That would be too easy for him to decide.

"Choose one. The other dies." Chase said simply, venom laced in his spit.

DID HE JUST SAY 'CHOOSE ONE, THE OTHER DIES?!"

Tris was now panicking and beginning to take control. I screamed at Tris to stop. We needed to make a plan. I looked over at Will. His eyes filled with sadness and hurt.

I had to choose one? How was I supposed to choose between by brother and my mate?

"10 seconds." Chased chimed in. Then, he motioned to his betas to grab a crowbar and get ready to spill blood. Only I wouldn't let that happen.

"I c-cant c-choose." I said before dropping to my knees and putting my face in my hands.

"Fine. I'll choose for you." Suddenly, Chase brought the crowbar againt Mitch's head, causing Mitch to fall over and try to block his face.

"STOP! NOW! OR I SWEAR, I'LL MAKE YOUR LIFE HELL." I screamed but Chase kept swinging and hitting Mitch harder and harder with the silver. Will and I ran and collided with Chases back, causing him to stumble. Josh fumbled with his shackles and I realized how badly the silver was burning their skin. Will punched Chase's jaw and Chase dropped the crowbar. Then, I swiftly picked it up and brought it down on his skull, causing him to scream bloody murder.

"TURN AROUND AND DUCK!" Tris yelled and I dodged the beta's swing of his own crowbar. Will however, bashed Chase's head again and again and then took on the other beta when he realized that Chase was knocked out. Mitch and Josh began bending their chains and breaking them apart when I took out the legs of one of the betas. The beta stumbled and fell to the ground and then I hit him in the back with the bar. He fell instantly and I figured I broke his back. Will took out the other beta quickly and Josh broke free from his chains. He instantly turned to Mitch and broke him free aswell.

Mitch kissed my forehead and Josh hugged me for awhile before we realized their was still an angry pack of rogues after us.

"Let's go!" I yelled and all 4 of us ran for the exit tunnel. When we got to the gate, Josh swiftly broke it down and moved it. We crossed the woods without being noticed and entered the pack house. Everything was smashed and broken and misplaced.

"REMI! MOM! DAD!" Mitch yelled and ran on, searching for his family. While he searched, Will, Josh and I went out into the field in which the fighting took place. Most of our pack members were okay, some were being treated for minor injuries, others had blood all over them and I even saw a few dead. Cold Creek's men were all dead and gone. We approached one of the pack doctors and asked her for the amount of deaths. She stated there were only 3. I hoped that kid's father wasn't one of them. I had promised her.

"Clare!" Someone called out. I turned around to find Remi, standing in bloody, ripped clothes and her wrist was turned awkwardly.

I ran to her as fast as I could and wrapped my arms around her, "Oh my god. Someone find Mitch and get the pack doctor! Go!" I yelled as loud as possible before turning back to Remi. Remi smiled at me and asked, "Remember when we sang Bring Me The Horizon?" I nodded. "That was awesome!" She said and I could see her attention fading. "You're the best sister I've ever had and I hope Mitch and you get married someday. I really want to be an aunt." Remi said quietly and I nodded. "Okay, Remi. I promise." Remi smiled and I felt her grasp weakening.

"HELP ME!" I screamed. "SOMEONE HELP HER!" I screamed over and over again before Remi fainted. Pack doctos finally lifted her up and carried her into the pack clinic. I lifted my knees up to my chest and sobbed while closing my eyes, wishing this entire chaotic event would just end.
___

A/N: Hi guys! I hope you enjoy the update. I'm going to a funeral tonight so I'll answer comments after I get home on Sunday! It was my birthday Tuesday so I'm having a party on Sunday for family.

Do you think Remi will survive? (Comment your answer!)

I love you guys so much. Thank you for reading and I'll update at 20K.

-Lindsey 💕