"I'm Carly."

8th Grade.

Oh goodness I'm so nervous. I mean, who wouldn't be on their first day?

Why couldn't I have stayed at my old school? Why did they have to take our house away? I'm just glad I'm not one of those kids that start late in the year. New school, new year, new start right?

I take a deep breath as I walk into my new school.

I look around confused. I honestly don't know anyone in this school. Maybe a few kids from my old school. But I've never actually talked to them, just seen them around.

I quickly find my way to the office and go to the lady at the front desk.

"Hi may I help you?" the lady asks.

"Yes, um I'm here to pick up my schedule?" I ask quietly.

"Name?" she looks towards her computer waiting for an answer.

"Carly. Carly Collins." I answer.

She types my name into my computer and prints out my schedule.

"Here you go" she hands me the paper.

"Thank you" I smile.

"I'll have Mrs. Lane show you your first class." She motioned a lady towards me.

"Hi I'm Mrs. Lane, you new this year?" she asks as I follow.

"Yes actually, I'm quite nervous." I say.

"Don't be. Just be glad it's everyone's first day. You'll meet lots of new friends." She says walking down a hall. "B07.. B08.. Aha! B09! Here you go. Your first class. I hope you remember the way" she smiled politely.

"Can I wait here til school starts?" I ask nervously.

"I'm afraid not, no one is allowed, you have to go to the patio like the rest of the 8th graders.." she gave me a sly smile, "but hey, the bell is going to ring in a few minutes anyways. Patio is down the hall, out." she says as she walks away from the direction we came from.

I take a deep sigh and walk the opposite way. Well now I'm alone again.

I walk outside and see a lot of kids. And I mean a lot. I walk down the sidewalk and to the patio and look around, seeing everyone greet their friends from last year.

This is my life now.

_______________________________
Later that day.

So far this day has been scary. No one has talked to me. I feel like I'm invisible. I probably am.

I walk into my 4th period and sit down. All of a sudden these group of guys walk in and sit at a table next to the one I'm sitting in. One of them looks quite familiar.

"Ok everyone, I'm Mrs. Carrington." The teacher says, "and before I say anything else, I've assigned y'all seats" she grabs a clipboard and starts telling the students where to go.

As I wait, I look around to see who's in my class. About 3 girls who seem stuck up, a couple boys who look like players, ew, and the rest seem pretty normal, and the group of boys that was loud when they came in. My eyes landed on one particular boy though. He looks so familiar. How could I not know who this guy is? I swear I've seen him before..

"Carly, Austin, and Stephanie, at this table," she pointed at the table in the back.

I walk to the table and sit in front of Austin. Or the guy that looked familiar.

"Now I want y'all to get to know your groups, cause you'll be sitting with them for quite a while, you'll have to get along with them for group activities," Mrs. Carrington says as she walks to her desk.

All the groups started chatting while ours remained quiet.

"My name is Stephanie Owens." Stephanie started, breaking the silence.

"My name is Austin Mahone." the guy said next.

Oh gosh, now I have to talk.

"I'm Carly." I said quietly. "Carly Collins"

"Nice to meet you," Austin said politely, "nice to meet the both of you" he smiled.

"You look familiar " I blurted out. "Sorry, I had to say that, it keeps bothering me that I know you but I don't exactly know you , like I've seen you somewhere." I rambled.

He chuckled. "I actually remember seeing you around my old school. I used to hang out with your friend, Cindy"

I think back and remember that's where I've seen him. "Oh my gosh! That's where! Didn't you and Cindy have a 'thing'?" I ask.

"No, we were just friends." He answered.

"So y'all know each other?" Stephanie asked.

"Not exactly," we both say at the exact same time. We look at each other wide eyed. "Jinx!" We both yell.

We stare at each other for a second and start laughing.

And that's how I met my awesomely best guy friend, Austin Mahone.

______________________________

OMG! I'm actually starting a book!

For all of you that are confused, this chapter is basically showing you how they met.

I'm so sorry if this chapter is very boring and stupid :/.

It'll hopefully get better.

Hint: Next chapter is about how they start talking about their past. So you'll get to know a bit about them.

I really hope you enjoyed.

You prob didn't. So sorry.

Love you guys so much.

Please comment / share / and fav.

-Catalina Mahone.