Chapter 3.

Next day.

"You miss him don't you?" Benny asked as he saw me glance behind me to look at Austin with his girlfriend.

"Who?" I questioned playing dumb.

"Don't play dumb. That guy over there. What happened between y'all? And who is he?" He asked in a serious tone.

I sighed. "He was my bestfriend. Practically since the 8th grade. We were inseparable, but until she came in the picture.. he changed.. last time we talked was yesterday but since yesterday he hasn't said a word to me.. he even moved seats in class." I looked down knowing I had possibly lost my best friend. 

"So, that girl is the reason why y'all haven't talked?"

"Yup."

"But he misses you." He said grabbing a french fry and eating it.

"How do you know?" I raised an eyebrow.

"He looks at you when you aren't looking. Like right now." He winked.

I turned around and Austin quickly looked away and started fake laughing and going along with whatever Jaylyss was saying.

I rolled my eyes and turned around and continued to eat my lunch.

"His loss." I stated.

"Just talk to him." He simply said.

"Why?" I scoffed.

"Cause you miss him, he misses you, y'all both like each other.." he said emphasizing the last part as if it was obvious.

I almost choked on my food. "What?!" I laughed. "You think we like each other? No no, you've got it wrong. So wrong."

He frowned. "Sorry."

"No, it's okay. We're just really great friends. At least were."

"Listen, just try to talk to him. Alright? I know what it's like to lose a best friend. It ain't fun." He said getting up to throw his trash away.

Maybe I should try to talk to him. It wouldn't hurt to just try.

The bell rang indicating lunch had ended and we needed to get our butts to class.

I sighed and saw Austin and Jaylyss heading in my direction.

"It's now or never." I mumble to myself.

I walked towards them and they stopped.

Jaylyss glared at me and rolled her eyes but Austin didn't seem to notice.

"Austin, can I talk to you?" I asked.

"Um yeah... I'll be right back." He said to Jaylyss as we walked away.

"What's up Carly?" I cringed when he called me that. It felt so weird especially when it came from him.

"Are we even friends?" I asked.

"Yeah why?" He said looking away.

"Then why won't you talk to me? Or sit by me in class anymore?" I questioned trying to get him to look at me.

"I don't know." He simply said and shrugged.

"What's wrong?" I grabbed his arm.

"Nothing." He mumbled pulling away from my grip. "Who's that guy you've been hanging out with a lot lately? Seems like he's your new best friend." He glared at me.

"Who's that girl you've been hanging out with? Seems like she's your new best friend." I mocked him referring to Jaylyss.

"Maybe she is since you haven't been acting like one." He spat.

"What?" I said quietly.

"You heard me." He said still not looking at me.

"What has gotten into you these couple of weeks? Why are you acting like this? Especially towards me? Your best friend." I raised my voice.

"Maybe we shouldn't be best friends!" He raised his voice too.

I glanced over to see Jaylyss smirking.

By now, I had a shocked expression on my face.

He just stood there and for the first today he looked at me.

My eyes started to water.

His face showed regret.

"Carly I didn't mea-" he started but I interrupted him.

"So much for never leaving me." I whispered and walked away to class.

"Carly!" He called after me.

I ignored him and kept walking, keeping my head down while a few tears escaped.

I then got stopped my someone.

They hugged me. "Shh, it's ok." I heard them coo, as I cried softly.

"You okay?" The person asked.

I looked up to see Benny.

"Yeah." I whispered.

"You sure?" He wiped my tears away.

"No." I sobbed. "I just lost my best friend." I cried into his chest.

"Shh" he rubbed my back and rested his head on top on mine.

"Let's go to class, yeah? So we don't get into trouble." He suggested.

I nodded but stopped in my tracks.

"I have him for that class." I sniffed.

"I'll be there with you. We can't skip class, if we could, I'd take you to get some ice cream. But I'll take you after school instead." He gave me a warm smile.

"You're the best, you know that?" I smiled.

"I know." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and giggled.

"Let's go to class."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y'all probably hate me for not updating. Sigh.

So sorry.

Updating soon. Love ya.

-Catalina Mahone