Chapter 1.

Present day.

"Oh goodness gracious. Hurry up CC!" Austin yelled from downstairs. " We're going to be late. It's the first day of our Junior year!"

"Will you chill Mahone?! I'm coming!" I shouted back putting the finishing touches to my hair. I quickly sprayed perfume on me, grabbed my bag, and ran downstairs.

"About time!" He said. "I was gonna leave you." He grabbed the keys and headed out.

"You wouldn't have" I scoffed.

"Oh really? I wouldn't?" He stopped dead in his tracks and questioned me.

"Yeah you wouldn't." I rolled my eyes.

He eyed me for a sec. I eyed him back suspicious. I knew what he was up too.

He ran towards the car got into it and locked me out. I tried catching him but it was too late. I ran over to the passenger side and banged on the door.

"Mahone! Unlock this door!" I kept banging my fist. "We're gonna be late!"

"You shouldn't have tried me." He smirked.

"I'm sorry." I pressed my face against the window.

He unlocked the door and I quickly got in.

"You're forgiven." He gave me a cheesy smile.

"Jerk." I muttered.

He chuckled. "You know what today is?"

I thought for a moment. He knew I was struggling and he put his hand over his heart.

"Ouch. You don't even remember."

"I'm kidding Mahone! It's been three years since we met." I smiled thinking back to 8th grade.

"Yes and I got you something." Austin said. "Look into my backpack."

I grabbed his backpack and saw a box. I opened it and it was two bracelets. They were friendship bracelets. I smiled in awe.

"Yours is the one that says 'I promise.' and mines, of course, is the one that just says 'To never leave your side.❤'" I hugged him.

"Thank you.. Nicest thing anyone has ever gave me." I smiled widely.

"It's what bestfriends do." He grabbed the bracelet and put it on my wrist and I grabbed his and did the same.

I looked at the time. "Mahone we better get going. We don't want to be late on our first day."

"You're right." Austin sighed and started up the car. He turned on the radio and and started driving.

I really hope my first day isn't horrible.

We pulled up to the school and sat in the car for a second.

"Promise no matter what happens in our Junior year we'll still remain bffs?" I asked.

"Of course. Like I said, it'll be me and you getting through it together." He smiled at me. "C'mon." He motioned for me to get out the car.

I got out and waited for him. Once I felt him by my side I started to walk. Austin put his arm around my shoulder as we walked into the school and I swear I could feel everyone's eyes on us.

No, we don't like each other. We're just really close. I remember everyone thought we were dating. We'd always play around and argue, and people would tease me and him, saying that we should date but me and him immediately denied and said we were just bffs. I also remember people always told us we'd make a cute couple.

"They're staring." I sighed.

"Don't pay attention to them, they're just jealous." Austin whispered in my ear.

"Jealous of what?" I laughed.

"Our wonderful friendship." He whispered back.

Austin and I walked to our usual spot out on the patio and sat with our squad. Of course, it was the usual as it's always been: Alex, the second closest to me, sweet, funny, loving guy; Zach, cold hearted one yet loving sometimes, and extremely funny; Robert, the funny one, and sweetest one.

Now I know what you're thinking.

"Oh my gosh, one girl and four guys, what a whore."

But they're honestly the only people who actually stuck around when everyone else left. And guy friends are less drama, am I right? Right.

"I haven't seen you guys in like.. forever." Alex said dramatically.

"Yes, cause we totally didn't see each other two days ago." Robert rolled his eyes.

"But like.. I missed you guys." Alex said in a low tone. "I get bored sometimes."

"You don't post YouTube videos anymore?" I asked.

"I do, but I'm running out of ideas." Alex sighed.

"You're a creative sport, I'm sure you'll come up with something." Austin ruffled Alex's hair.

"What about you Mahone? You don't post singing videos?" Zach asked.

"Yeah, I do actually. I've been getting a lot of hits lately." Austin looked surprised.

"Don't let the fame get to your head Mahone" I nudged him.

"You know I won't." Austin gave me a half smile.

The bell rang indicating school was starting which I totally wasn't ready for. I picked up my schedule and looked at it and compared it to Austins.

"Oh my gosh. About time we have 4 classes together." Austin exclaimed.

I laughed. "Let's get to class dork."

We walked into our first class and me and him immediately sat in the back. Everyone else settled in and class began.

"Alright class, my name is Mr.-" the teacher began but got caught off by a girl running in late.

"I'm so sorry I'm late." The girl said in a worried tone.

"It's fine.." The teacher motioned her for her name.

"Oh, my name is Jaylyss Morales." the girl smiled.

"Okay well have a seat Jaylyss." The teacher waved her off.

The girl looked around for a second and landed her eyes on Austin and made googly eyes and headed towards the seat that was open next to him.

"Hi" she said to him.

"What's up" Austin replied.

"I'm new this year, do you have any idea where these classes are?" She asked in the most innocent tone. Ok, I don't like her already. I'm already having this bad vibe about her.

"Um, yeah. I'll show you around. Where are you from?" Austin asked.

"California." She smiled.

"Oh cool, I've always wanted to go to California." Austin exclaimed.

"Hey, are we still going t-" I started asking Austin something but got interrupted by Jaylyss.

"California is such a beautiful place, you should totally visit sometime." She smirked.

Her and Austin started having their own conversation but I started zoning out. All I know is she has 2 more classes with me and Austin so woopdy-do.

Now I'm alone. Sigh.

______________________________

Hey guys! If you're confused on how I'm doing this book, the first two pages basically showed you how they met and getting to know them. And the first chapter is present day.

& reason why I didn't update was because you guys didn't give me 3 votes last chapter. :(

Vote/Comment /Fangirl.

I love you guys.

-Catalina Mahone