Thirty-eight

There wasn't much to packing and farewells. I'd already said goodbye to my only friend here, and the wyverns. The only thing left to do was leave.

When I woke my bags had already been gone and so as I left my room I was free to say goodbye to the ugly interior decorations. I walked into the hallway running my hand along the puke-y green walls I'd grown accustomed to. And I realized how truly hideous this place was.

But it was also a safe haven. And I was grateful for it.

Coming to the large staircase I memorized the lines and colors and plans of the house until I was next to Lucien.

"Guess this is goodbye, Fox-boy." I turned to him, "See you in hell." and then he did something I never thought I'd ever see. Lucien hugged me. And I hugged back.

Did this mean we were friends now?

Lucien pulled away, "That was disgusting," he shook out his limbs and I did the same.

"Absolutely foul," I added, rolling my neck.

"Let's never do it again."

"Deal." I breathed out looking at the carriage waiting and ready for Feyre and me, "Bye, Lucy." I shrugged, patted his shoulder, and walked out to the carriage that would lead me back to the mortal lands.

I sat down in the carriage admiring the soft seats and the lovely windows. I'd been forced to wear one of the ugly dresses that were custom in the mortal lands. All puffy and pastel, they covered every inch of skin on my body. It was even hard to sit in them.

I heard footsteps approaching and soon the door opened again to reveal my sister and Tamlin, she closed the door behind her and Tamlin looked through the small window, "Ready?"

The question echoed through me, was I ready? To go back and face what I'd left behind. To see my family and friends again. To get back to my...duties.

I didn't know. I wouldn't until I got there.

The carriage jolted forward as we began to move, I watched as Tamlin smiled at Feyre one last time, "I love you." he told her before he was gone.

I turned to my sister raising an eyebrow but she was lost in thought as tears began spill from her eyes. I gave her a sympathetic smile as I sat next to her and pulled her into a tight hug.

About halfway through the tang of magic hit my nose, and it took almost all of my willpower not to pass out. It felt like my brain was on fire and my vision blurred. Was this really necessary?

But then it stopped and I could breathe again.

I looked over to Feyre seeing she was passed out cold and I mentally groaned.

The rest of the ride was silent  and all I had to comfort me were my thoughts.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A/N: short one. Dani and Lucy are finally becoming friends!!!!