Sixty-Two

Hours. Days. Weeks. They were all the same Under the Mountain.

    The only respite I had from the darkness of my cell was the torturous parties Rhysand made me attend each and every night.

Darkness and shadows seemed to consume my every waking moment. Spurring even darker thoughts into action as they curled around my mind like a snake getting ready to strike.

This place had taken its toll, and I wondered if it could ever be undone.

I felt numb to the world.

Like nothing worth anything would happen again.

The only peace of mind I could gather was sleep. And even then nothing could have fought of the nightmares that tainted my existence.

I wondered if anything was worth it anymore. Would I ever see things the same again? What would happen if I didn't die in Amarantha's trials? Could I truly recover from this? Would I truly be able to forget what had happened Under the Mountain?

Had I ever really forgotten anything I wished I could?

Questions. So many questions and yet none could be answered.

I sometimes wished I was another person. Someone who's heart wasn't wreathed in shadows.

But I was me.

And I wished I wasn't.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A/N: the beginning of the end...

Dani's thoughts are a bit everywhere rn and I tried to reflect that here, IDK how i did with it.

And also, I only have to write three more chapters before I finished writing this book. I'm feeling a bit emotional rn.