《X》

"Children, please gather around! We have some visitors!"

Hearing one of their caretakers', Hana, shout, in an immediate way, Wayuu along with the children in the orphanage raised their heads and replied with a loud "Hai!" word before they either made sure to look presentable enough in front of the visitors first or paid no mind to their appearances since they were sure they looked nice and rushed to get lined up at the front, and Wayuu was one of those latter children. Nevertheless, somehow, she got in the last line, yet fortunately not the last one that stood in the back.

Anyways, that was not important now because there was an unknown woman and man in front of Wayuu and other children. The unknown woman was conversing with their caretaker, whereas the unknown man was only listening in on their conversation while he was looking at them one at a time with a piercing gaze that scared most of the children, excluding Wayuu.

The little girl could not help but stare at him and the woman in a questioning manner as she wondered what the couple was doing in the orphanage. Although she already had a feeling that perhaps they either must have a business with the orphanage of hers or wanted to… well, adopt one of the children, she just could not help it and continued to wonder.

But then as if the unknown man had sensed someone's eyes on him, his dark scarlet coloured irises swept past the orphans and in an instant, they were fixed on the short jet black haired girl.

Once she realized that the man had noticed her, Wayuu gave him a small smile and bobbed her head slightly at him, not seeing his eyes widen the slightest bit for a second. They continued to stare at each other, and the younger one began to feel awkwardness bubbling up in her while she pondered if the man did not feel the same due to his expressionless face. Nonetheless, she was very thankful that their attention was finally diverted in consequence of the caretaker's voice as they began to avert their eyes from each other.

"Now, this is Mrs. Haruhi Ryūnosuke and Mr. Kisho Ryūnosuke, children. They were the ones that helped us to renovate our poorly designed orhapange into a beautiful one! I want all of you to greet them." Hana smiled.

Nodding their heads happily at the caretaker in obedience, Wayuu together with the children bowed at the two adults, straightened their bodies up, and greeted them in sync.

"Ohayo, Mrs. Ryūnosuke and Mr. Ryūnosuke! It's nice to meet you! Thank you for coming and renovating our home."

"Aww, ohayo, children!" The woman replied, smiling brightly. "It's really nice to meet you too, and it was nothing. I hope you like the new design."

A variety of positive responses immediately erupted from the children, indicating that they did like it.

Hana clapped happily. "All right, you can go and continue to do what you did earlier, but remember to not go too far from the orphanage, okay? If you want to go outside, please tell me or others about it."

"Okay, Miss Hana!"

Afterwards, the orphans either rushed back to the playground or strode off into their rooms that had been organized. Wayuu, however, was about to follow the latter ones when the caretaker Hana called her name out, which caused her to stop her from doing so and to whirl her body to face the adults.

"Yes, Miss Hana?"

Patting her shoulder lightly, the caretaker smiled at the little girl.