《XII》

Two days passed after the whole incident had happened as well as Wayuu had been adopted by the Father of her best female friend, yet the ravenette was so unusually quiet… she so unusually closed off -- and this, of course, concerned the three beings that lived with her greatly. The Wayuu now was not the Wayuu they knew for the reason that she did not play with Ema along with Juli lately, she would come if she was being called and leave if she was done being needed, she mostly used her time up at her bedroom as -- according to the grey coloured squirrel who had sneaked up to observe Wayuu -- she either stared off at the scenario in the window with a face that was full of thoughts or slept, and she only uttered one or a few words or nodded if they tried to make a conversation with her.

They missed the Wayuu past… they really did, especially a certain brown haired girl. Ema was saddened at how Wayuu's behaviour towards her changed, she did not like it, not a bit. But she quite understood that Wayuu must be needing some time alone. She wondered if her Father did not adopt Wayuu into the family, would the latter be happy? She probably would be since she must have missed those two brothers. But again, when she thought about the two brothers living and spending time with the ravenette, her heart squeezed uncomfortably, as though there was something in her not wanting Wayuu to be together with the two boys and only wanting Wayuu to be with her, Juli, and her Father.

Was that… selfish of her?

If that was indeed selfish of her, then it was not her fault for getting this uncomfortable feeling. She wanted Wayuu to be happy, to be back to how she usually was when she was with her… but she did not want Wayuu to go and live with the brothers even if it was the only way to make the happiness of Wayuu back. Therefore, she believed that there must be another way, there must be.

Seconds soon turned into minutes, minutes soon turned into hours, hours soon turned into days, days soon turned into weeks, weeks soon turned into months, and months soon turned into years. As the time passed by, the Wayuu they knew slowly yet eventually came back to them as the jet black haired girl managed to let out a genuine smile -- although the smile of hers was small, it seemed bright and precious to them -- and surely spoke more than a few words.

To them, this must be an improvement, then it meant that this improvement could be increased. And they were right, at the time Wayuu and Ema were around fourteen, the former was watching the latter making a snowman -- or a snowwoman…? -- with Juli settling on the snowman while helping. Once she put the carrot nose, the snowman she had built began crumbling down together with Juli falling and plopping into the white layer on the ground, making the brunette disbelieved and shocked. Head of the squirrel then emerged from the heaping of the snow, but there was some snow covering his face that made him look like Santa Claus since the snow that covered his face had shaped like long white hair and beard.

Seeing this sight, Wayuu could not help but blink before a bubble of laughter escaped from her throat, to which this sound was heard by the two, who snapped their heads to look at her in a wide-eyed look immediately. They, at first, had a thought that it was only their imagination -- nevertheless, because of the cold they felt as well as the light white flakes that were falling on their exposed skin -- or fur in Juli's case, they realized that Wayuu really was laughing.

At that time was the time when they were so elated, yet at that time was also the time when they were saddened for the reason that the ravenette would go and study abroad. They did not know what made Wayuu decide to acquire an education overseas, so they questioned about it.

Proceeding upstairs to go to a certain person's bedroom and spotting the door of the room was wide open, Ema stopped in front of the entrance and with a gloomy look on her face, she watched the person whom she was looking for placing the things she wanted to bring in one of her suitcases from the beginning until the person was done. Ema figured that those were the last things the girl packed, which meant that it was only a few moments and Wayuu would depart. At the thought, the brunette could not help but frown.