ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ." 

ᴄʜᴇꜱᴛᴇʀ ʟᴏᴄᴋʜᴀʀᴛ

━━ 🌹 ━━

"Come and stay with me for a while, Miss (Y/n/n)," the cursed Goddess desperately whispers as I blankly stare out at the empty battlefield, my heart feeling heavy. "Please, it's the least I can do."

"It's alright, Princess Elizabeth," I finally answer her and my voice cracks horribly. "Go on home."

I still don't look over at her when she places a hand on my knee and says, "Please, Miss (Y/n/n)."

Turning to her after a minute of silence has passed by, my chest tightens when I see the faint tear stains and forced smile on her pale face. Sighing deeply when determination takes over her face, I weakly thump my forehead against hers and this gets a shocked squeak out of Elizabeth.

"So, is—is that a yes?" she stutters in confusion while I quietly stare into her beautiful blue eyes.

"Alright then," I say gruffly and allow a tiny smile to appear on my lips. "Let's get going then."

I blink once in shock when I see that Elizabeth has gently grabbed one of my hands and is pulling me along now but not too quickly so that I can keep up with her. I clutch onto her hand once we reach the body of the eldest son of the Demon King and kneel beside him.

"Please, take us back now," my best friend's lover whispers as she stays close by me.

Suddenly, the three of us are teleported back to where we were just a couple of minutes ago and I look around to see that the whole group has their full attention on us and that the majority of them are still sniffling and crying quietly. Several members of the group rush over to check on my lover while I stand up and back away, giving everyone time to take in what just happened.

"No," I whisper with dread when I see Elizabeth use her powers to heal all the terrible punctures in the eldest Demon Prince's body. "You've got them back already, damn it."

This means that Elizabeth is dangerously close to a treacherous cliff where she could fall back into a dark pit full of her past memories that could ultimately activate the curse once more.

"Could you please take Miss (Y/n/n) and I to the Boar Hat Tavern," the reincarnated Goddess asks Gilfrost while she struggles to carry my lover in her arms. "I would greatly appreciate it, sir."

"Would this Boar Hat Tavern happen to be just outside the kingdom's walls?" Gilfrost questions.

"Yes," Elizabeth answers him and then looks over to me. "Come along then, Miss (Y/n/n)."