ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ᴍʏ ʙᴀᴅ ʜᴀʙɪᴛꜱ ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ."

ᴇᴅ ꜱʜᴇᴇʀᴀɴ

━━ 🌹 ━━

"This tastes amazing, Lady (Y/n/n)!" a band member exclaims and the others quickly make loud sounds of agreement. "You're an incredible cook!"

"Aww, thank you," I say with a pleased grin. "Alright then, no need to be shy now. Please, dig in!"

"Might I ask who taught you to cook, Lady (Y/n/n)?" the bard player asks once everyone starts eating. "Because I must say, these dishes might easily be the best in the whole of Britannia."

"Oh my, you do know how to flatter," I say and chuckle when I see Elizabeth and Hawk look up at me with curiosity written all over their faces. "Thank you for your kind words. Some maids in my household taught me and I was quite young so I've had a long time to perfect my cooking."

There were three young maids who always took care of me when I was a youngling. All they ever did was look out for me and love me like their own daughter. And in the end, my mother killed them when she discovered that these three were the very reason my magical powers awoke.

I never did understand my mother's reason for having my brother and me. And my little sister as well. Why create us three and never let us live our lives? And never find our potential or strength?

"Maids?" Hawk's voice draws me back. "So, do you have like a big household or something?"

"Something like that," I answer, scratching the top of his head.

"Did Lady (Y/n/n) get her excellent cooking skills from her parents?" a band player asks jokingly.

I freeze at this question and then respond with a bitter smile, "I'm afraid I have no father. And as for my mother, trouble is the only thing she knows how to stir. So no, I alone obtained this skill."

"Apologies," the band member who asked the question says quietly. "I meant no offence."

I bow my head to him. "No, that was my fault. I shouldn't have responded like that. I always get angry whenever I speak of my mother. She's not exactly the ideal mother one would ask for."

"I'm very sorry to hear that, Lady (Y/n/n)," the bard player says with a sympathetic expression. "But I'm glad that you have not inherited your mother's...'ideal' characteristics."

I let out a giggle at this. "Indeed. I'm sure my siblings are glad about this as well."

"Huh?" Hawk says as he whips his gaze in my direction. "I thought you only had one brother."