ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

━━🌹 ━━

━━🌹 ━━

"ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ'ᴠᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ."

ᴀᴠɪᴠᴀ, ᴄʟᴀʀx, & ꜱʜɪᴀʜ ᴍᴀɪꜱᴇʟ

━━🌹 ━━

"Meliodas," I whisper his name helplessly, dumbfounded, not knowing what else to really say.

"Yup, that would be me," he responds teasingly and the only child of the Supreme Deity chokes at this, emotional. "Heh. Looks like (Y/n/n) here's been taking real good care of you, Elizabeth."

"Meliodas," Elizabeth whimpers and I quickly move to the side so that she can hug him. "I knew you would return. After all, you did promise me that you would always come back to me alive."

"Yo—You deserve a hundred whacks across your stupid head for that," I hear Hawk wail loudly before he suddenly crashes into me. "What the hell were you thinking, (Y/n/n)? Are you insane?"

"Hmm, maybe a little bit," I answer, sticking out my tongue. "Especially for the ones I care for."

"I have to agree with Lord Piglet," the former Grandmaster chimes in and I refrain from giggling at this silly title. "That was very reckless of you, (Y/n/n). What if Sir Meliodas had not interfered?"

"I would rather risk my safety than see her get hurt," I tell them quietly as I turn my gaze to the eldest son of the Demon King and the cursed Goddess who are no longer hugging one another.

"You might find this kinda hard to believe," I hear Elizabeth speak, blue eyes shining, "but I went on a journey to see your past self. I found out you've been watching over me since before I was even old enough to remember. And now, it all makes sense to me. Every time I look at you, I feel so sentimental with such compassion in my heart. Thank you, Meliodas. And welcome back."

I exhale heavily as I watch both of them interact, a shaky yet content smile taking over my lips.

"But are you sure your body is really OK?" Elizabeth questions and then leans forward worriedly.

"Huh?" Meliodas says before swiftly lifting his shirt to reveal his pale, scarred chest. "Oh, if you mean my hearts, then look. I'm all back to normal now! You wanna check for a heartbeat? Here."

Flustered, Elizabeth's face turns bright red when Meliodas places one of her hands on his chest.

"Hey, looks like you got a new uniform," Meliodas remarks excitedly once he pulls his shirt back down, wiggling his fingers playfully in front of my best friend's chest. "Looking pretty good!"

"And this is usually when he becomes a pervert," Hawk informs me, muttering under his breath.

"Now, now, Hawk," Meliodas scolds him as he suddenly appears in front of us, grinning madly. "I can be a gentleman when I want to. Hey, thanks for looking after these two. Really appreciate it."