ii

02 | BEACH DAY WITH THE JACKSON FAMILY

Percy and Annabeth both stared out towards the sea, watching the ocean waves gently crawl onto Manhattan's shores, the salty spray mist cooling their skin as the gentle breeze softly blew their hair locks back.

The two laid in the sand underneath an umbrella, merely enjoying the peace as both Luke and Charlie were too busy engrossed in a sand castle competition to see who'd make the tallest and coolest one.

The Jackson family had finally managed to have a beach day after months, one that they had all looked forward to. Luke and Charlie had tried their best to convince Cassie and Elias to come along, but the two were busy attending to some important things.

"Percy?" Annabeth asked, her head leaning against the son of Poseidon's shoulder.

"Hmm," Percy hummed.

"Are you happy?"

The son of Poseidon smiled at her. "I am happy."

"Are you happy?" He asked her.

"Well," Annabeth had a thoughtful look on her face. "We haven't had any deities trying to kill us for the past few years. We are together, at peace, with a beautiful family."

"Anything else?" Percy asked.

"And, there's this guy I fancy who is not too hard on the eyes, and is safe and home," Annabeth replied with a grin plastered on her face.

"Really? He seems pretty great," Percy stated, smiling.

"I think so too," she hummed as Percy leaned down and kissed her.

"I love you, Annabeth Chase," Percy said softly.

"I love you too, Perseus Jackson," Annabeth murmured.

The two stayed like that for a while before Percy finally got to his feet and ran to the water, diving straight in without any hesitation while Annabeth walked to the shore, laughing heartily as she watched him to see where he'd rise up from.

Percy rose up slightly and grinned mischievously at Annabeth, one that she knew all too well, as he summoned a wave before dragging her in to him. Annabeth let out a squeal as she was pulled in his arms underwater, an air bubble formed around her.

She smacked him in the shoulder in a scolding manner. "Percy, you should know better than that! The kids will notice."

Percy pouted at her. "They're fine."

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Well, what if someone had seen a giant wave pull me into the water? Not to mention, we've been underwater for a while."

"You worry too much. I checked before I dove in, there's nobody within a hundred metres that could've seen us. Besides, it was too tempting. I haven't majorly used my power in ages. You can't blame me," Percy replied.

Annabeth tried to glare at him, but Percy soon won, as she pulled him into a kiss which he was really happy with. The two stayed in the water for a while before Percy pulled the two out of the water.

The two turned their attention to their children to see them in the same spot they'd been before they left them. The demigods shared a smile before making their way over to Luke and Charlie, joining in their competition.

While Percy was right about no one watching them, what the two didn't know was that there was a camera at the front of the beach club, and had just barely picked up the stunt the son of Poseidon had pulled.

Nick Fury sat at his desk, rubbing his temples as he stared at the blurry footage, revealing a raven-haired man around his thirties, taking a running leap into the ocean before the blonde woman around the same age as him was pulled in by a wave.

It would've been normal if they had come up for air after a few moments. But they hadn't for quite some time. And the next footage was of the same two emerging from the ocean at a speed no human could ever achieve.

Fury's eyes were wide as he tried to process what he was seeing. The footage's quality wasn't great at all and was right at the edge of the screen, but it was enough to confirm his suspicions.

A possible enhanced, he thought.

The director put the two's photos through his facial recognition software. Perseus Jackson, the male's name was. He then proceeded to look for his records in the S.H.I.E.L.D database.

Irritation grew on him as he read over the inadequate intel his organisation had on the man.

Case Number: 824216
Name: Perseus Jackson
Date of Birth: August 18, 1993
Marital Status: Married
Mother: Sally Blofis, nee Jackson
Occupation: Author
Father: Unknown, presumed dead
Step-Father: Paul Plofis
Half-sister: Estelle Blofis
Wife: Annabeth Chase
Children: Luke and Charlie Jackson (aged 10 and 5)
Height: 5'9'
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Sea green

Notes:
- Suspected of kidnapping mother at age 12, later confirmed he was one of the hostages
- Suspected terrorist attacks
- Was present during multiple explosions
- Seen near a bus explosion in New Jersey
- Seen near St. Louis Arch explosion
- Seen near the eruption of St. Helens
- Expelled from seven schools
- Was presumed missing for nine months
- Vanishes every summer; only scattered reports of sightings all around Manhattan and Long Island.

Fury rubbed his temples again. He had nothing more than rumours and shadows regarding the man's life. He looked at the footage again and the blurry photographs they had managed to obtain.

Almost all the images were too damaged or fuzzy to even be certain that it was Perseus Jackson. SHIELD had been keeping an eye on the mysterious man since his nine month disappearance years ago when he was completely off grid, but soon deemed him as not a threat.

However, in Nick Fury's eyes that was not the case. For someone who'd been so efficiently hidden from SHIELD while still being near so many disasters was clearly a potential threat.

"What secrets are you hiding, Mr. Jackson?" Fury muttered to himself.

He then nodded to himself as he made a decision before calling Agent Hill in. A few moments later, Maria Hill walked into his office.

"Yes, Director?"

Fury showed her Percy Jackon's file. "I trust you've seen this?"

Maria nodded. "It was my recommendation that it was sent to you, sir."

"Something tells me this is going to be big. Put Romanoff and Barton on him, and bring him in for questioning. He's a proficient mystery, and I want to get to the bottom of why that is."

"Yes, sir." And with that, Maria walked away, leaving Fury alone to his thoughts.