24 | The lead up pt1

...

"Fear is temporary.
Regret is Forever."

...

Two months ago

Two months ago

Hotels had become a second home to Noel over the years, as they do for people who are always on the move, people like Noel. It was accustomed to his lifestyle - living out of a suitcase, jumping from plane to plane and ready to go at any given moment. He was a business man, the face of a company, he was busy. He had grown used to it all, to never being able to settle down for more than a month before having to travel again, to the constant buzz around his name and never being able to have a normal, relaxing day to himself. But just because he had grown used to it doesn't make him hate it any less. Because he did, he hated it. But he couldn't do anything about it. It was what he had chosen, the life he willingly took and the path he walked down without so much as a glance at the second path. He made his decisions and now he had to live with them.

That was something he hated more than what he chose to do with his life, the way he never considered anything other than taking over his mother's old company, how he never had any doubts about his decisions until it was too late, until he had lost most of his family. 

Regret was a strong emotion. It weighed on you, mocked you, found a way to taunt you in anyway it could. And that was all it did to Noel ever since the day he walked out of that apartment, ignoring the cries of the twins and the pleas of his younger brothers. He didn't even spare them a second glance as he closed that door, and he hated himself everyday for it.

 He hated how he walked out on them when they needed him most, when they relied on him. 

He hated how he chose his career and his image over his siblings. 

He hated how he never once tried to contact them until it was too late, until they had moved on and given up on him.

But most of all, he hated himself for hurting them. 

And now there was nothing he could do to take it all back. What's done is done and all he can do now is live with the consequences and do anything he possibly can to earn Willow and Wes' trust back. That was his mission, what he planned to do. And so, now all he needed to do was get his brothers to agree.

He knew where Jayden was considering he sends him money every month. 

Him and Ian were still as close as always, seeing each other everyday and living only a few streets away from each other.

He was friends with Phoenix on Facebook and although they had hadn't spoken in the past few years he knew that he would agree, especially since he was always the closest to the twins.

And Xander, well, he had no idea where he was, but Noel was sure he could find him. 

How hard could it be right?