Ch. 9 - Peace

I would like to first say a thank you for always looking forward for my updates even if it takes me legit years to update.. ya anyway 🥺

_____________

"Brother, You're finally back!" Tanjiro came running towards Yoriichi and hugged him, in which he returned with a barely visible smile.

"It's a relief that you're alive, you're injured aren't you? Your clothes are torn, remind me to fix it once we get back home." He patted Tanjiro's clothes to remove the dusts and dirt off and fixed his hair that had some small wooden sticks.

"Welcome back."
"Congratulations, I'm glad you are safe"

The seemly identical twins except for their differences of hair color said in unison.

There are a total of 5 survivors, Yoriichi, Tanjiro, a girl who was looking at the butterfly, a yellow haired boy who was mumbling to himself and another kid who looked like he will beat everyone up.

"Where's my Katana" asked the boy who had a pretty scary scar on his face, the twins explained about the ranks within demon slayer corps and how they will provide corps uniforms for the new demon slayers after they take the kids measurements.

"We will assign you each a Kasugai Crow." As the girl with the white hair said that, the one of the crows comes in flying towards their shoulders and another, to their hand.

One crow landed on Yoriichi's shoulder, he looked over and saw the crow having stars in its eyes. He can't help but smile a little and pat its head.

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT CROWS! I WANT MY KATANA!! AND I WANT IT NOW!" The rude kid yanked one of the girls hair and screamed at her face, Yoriichi's face darkened.

He went up to the child and forcefully took his hands off of the girl, he glared with his emotionless face and said, "Keep your filthy hands off of her. You're a demon slayer now but at the lowest rank so what makes you think you can do that to someone who's much superior than yourself."

"You—!"

"Brother! Is she alright?" Tanjiro hurriedly came over and stepped in front of her protectively too.

"Are you done talking? Then come over here and choose an ore for your katana that will be made." The black haired girl came to step in to the situation and lessen the tension by directing their direction to somewhere else.

...

"5 survived? Excellent." The crow also told a report about a certain reddish haired boy during the final selection.

"A person who looked like the inventer of sun breathing? Interesting. It seems like he will become someone who can significantly help achieve my family's long awaited goal."

...

"Tanjiro, let me carry you back home. You've done enough." The man with hanafuda card on his left ear said worriedly, trying to support his brother the best he could by carrying his bag and holding onto him so he won't fall and face plant.

"Brother.. The eight demons I encountered had all rushed to kill me, so I didn't get a chance to talk to them about how to return demons to human form. I feel sorry to Nezuko" The people they have all passed by looked at the two boys in worry.

"You can always try next time, I believe it. Seeing how hard you have been training and getting stronger for her sake is enough for Nezuko to forgive you." Yoriichi assured Tanjiro, he looked at Yoriichi with a thankful expression.

Just barely after the sun starts to go down, the two have arrived back home together, "ah... We made it" Tanjiro examined in relief, just before Yoriichi could say anything the door from the house was kicked open by a leg.

Walking out innocently as if she hasn't just caused the door to be destroyed she looked over at the two siblings. "Nezuko!" Both of them said, relief that she was awake.

Nezuko started to run towards them, Tanjiro who was so excited to hug her, almost face planted because his legs gave out but thankfully his big brother caught him before his face hit the ground.

Nezuko came to give them a big hug, Tanjiro bursted into tears and started scream crying. Yoriichi, our beloved boy was silently giving Nezuko and Tanjiro a group hug. He thanked God if there was one in his mind.

Another hug came, this time it was a bigger figure that overpowered both Tanjiro and Yoriichi. "You two came back to us alive!" Their trainer, Urokodaki said in delight.

Meanwhile all of the crying, Yoriichi glanced over to the house and saw Sabito standing there with a Soft smile, he noticed Yoriichi was staring at him so he bowed, his figure expressed gratitude.

Please be at peace now.