꧁𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑂𝑛𝑒 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑜

_____________________________

❥ Ashamed ❥

❦☀︎︎ | Chapter One - Secret Words | ☀︎︎❦☾ | Written By Indigo | ☾_____________________________

☾ | Written By Indigo | ☾
_____________________________

CW
foul language
Weapons
Mention of death

"Mornin' sleepy head" A loud rough voice called out. I lifted my head lazily from the pillow it was once laying on, my eyes slowly blinking open. I brushed the thick curls out of my eyes. On the opposite side of the room stood Simon who was fiddling with a Rubix cube that sat on my dresser. he set it down,
"better be up and ready soon, we're heading to Alexandria at noon" he reminded. I nodded slowly, trying not to be overcome by exhaustion. And with that, Simon placed his hands into his pockets and turned out of the room. I listened to his footsteps fade away before mustering enough energy to get out of bed.

I threw the covers off of me and placed my feet on the cold concrete floor. I shivered. I walked over to a small wooden chair in the corner that had my outfit laid on it. I slipped on my jeans over the black boxers I had been wearing, guiding a spiky belt through the loops. I removed my shirt, replacing it with a black turtleneck before layering it with a black, knee-length trenchcoat. I finished off the outfit with my brown boots and some black leather gloves.  I ran my hand through my hair, attempting to calm any bedhead that was there.

I walked out of my room, and down the cold hallways, my boots tapping the concrete as I walked. The smell of fire and cologne filled my senses as I walked down each hall. As I walked past saviors, many smiled at me, some even wishing me good morning. it was honestly amazing to have such a family-like community.

As I walked down the stairs I could see my dad speaking with Dwight.
"there he is! my sleeping beauty!" he exclaimed when he saw me, widening his arms in a large gesture. the corners of my mouth perked up as I walked over to the small group. Dwight gave me a very small smile, almost unnoticeable. dad wrapped his arm around my shoulders as he continued his conversation with Dwight. we were almost the same height, him being barely three inches taller than me.

The conversation the two had mainly consisted of how we were going to split up into trucks, and which trucks were going to carry which type of supplies. Dwight seemed to shift uncomfortably. I raised an eyebrow. but dad seemed to get the message,
"hey, kid. how about you go get yourself something to eat while we finish up this conversation?" he requested, removing his arm from my shoulder. I nodded even though I was confused. as I walked away, I could hear one word.