꧁ Act Two - Chapter Nine

___________________

Chapter Nine: ___________________

Chapter Nine:
___________________

— A week later —

Light pored in from the living room blinds awakening Karma from his sleeping state. He sat up groggily, pressing the heels of his palms into his eyes.

"Morning, sleeping beauty," Karma turned to look at the source of the voice, eyes squinted harshly. Carl sat at the kitchen island, a bowl of frosted flakes infront of him, a comic splayed out beside it.

"Morning," Karma yawned, throwing the blankets off of him and making his way over to the kitchen. He pulled a spoon out of the silverware drawer, and not-so-stealthily reached over the cowboys shoulder and scooped some of his cereal out of it and raised it to his own mouth.

"Dude!" Carl complained, no harshness in his words. Karma shrugged with a smile, walking back over to his sleeping area and slipping on his outfit, which happened to be the same one he had been wearing for a week now. A blue flannel given to him by Carl, and some black jeans.

Carl and Karma seemed to have develop some kind of a routine over the past week hes been staying here when it comes to mornings. Carl is more of a morning person than Karma is, so he always wakes up first, makes breakfast, the whole shabang. Then Karma wakes up, eats the leftover scraps, then the two of them get ready for the day.

Alexandria has been drained of the storms water, so now Karma gets to go back to work. The only problem is that the water drowned out all the crops. so now karma can't work in the garden until the crops regrow.

But thankfully for him, Rick had other ideas up his sleeve. Not only did the leader allow Karma to continue staying at the Grimes house instead of the cellar, but he was also able to find him a new job.

Carl and Karma slip on their boots and head to the front door, yelling a quick goodbye to michone and rick who are barreling through the kitchen attempting to get to their jobs on time.

The two boys practically skip down the stairs and down the street. Carl waves to the people he passes by, some even choosing to wave at Karma as well.

"Told ya," Carl says sweetly, elbowing Karma in the ribs lightly, "Give them time," Karma smiled softly, giving a small wave to one of the food stock workers who smiled at him.

As the two reach the middle of Alexandria, a nice large patch of plain grass, two adults come into view. Rosita, and Aaron. Karma walked up to them, muttering a quiet 'good morning' and a smile.