꧁ 𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑂𝑛𝑒 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐹𝑖𝑣𝑒

____________________

 Chapter Five: Cold Cells Written By Indigo ____________________

Written By Indigo
____________________

Karma Smith
Thursday, 4:56 AM

Karma awoke from his groggy state, his knees were brought up to his chest, and his neck hurt from looking down. The cell he was staying in wasn't too comfortable, the only thing in it was a small cot in the corner. He hadn't bothered to try it out yet, it hadn't even been twenty-four hours since he was put in there.

Right now karma couldn't see anything. The cell was almost entirely pitch black, only the moonlight shining in through the barred window. After karma was put in here, it only took him about three hours before he had fallen asleep, and he wasn't surprised.

At the sanctuary, the young smith never got much sleep. It was always work, work, work. He had become addicted to it. But now he was staring through the empty streets of Alexandria.

Well... mostly empty. 

One of the many things he had seen that night, included the priest, walking quickly through the streets, a box clutched in his hands, and a large backpack on his back. Karma sat there and watched the man climb into one of the cars outside the doors of Alexandria, and left.

Karma didn't know who any of these people were. Not really. So when he saw this, he hoped that this wasn't something that would come to bite him in the ass later.

—————

Karma was able to get a bit more sleep, just enough to last him through the day. Which, he didn't even know what was going to hold. At the sanctuary, Karma works all day and makes sure everyone else is working. But now, he's in a prison cell awaiting his sentence.

Slowly, people began to exit their homes, starting their days. Some went to other houses, others prepared for work, and there were even children on bicycles.

The one thing, karma really noticed about those people was that they looked happy. And so so safe.

The noise from a nearby door caught Karmas' eye. The white door leading to Karma's cell was opened slowly by rick grimes. He didn't say anything as he walked over. He just sat a paper plate down in front of the cell door. On it, there was a sandwich of some kind, along with a fruit cup.

Karma looked up at the older man with a confounded look spread over his face. The man nodded to the plate on the ground.

"What the hell am I doing here?" Karma asked severely. Rick looked at the boy through his curly hair,