꧁ 𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑇𝑤𝑜 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

____________________

Chapter Seven: Rainy Nights Written by indigo____________________

Written by indigo
____________________

- 5 Days Later -

The past week has been an easy train ride for Karma. The people of Alexandria began to trust the young boy, though Karma can see why it might have been hard at first.

Continuing to sleep in the cell has gotten easier. Over time the cot he would sleep on seemed to wear in enough that it no longer felt like sleeping on rocks.

Rosita had even offered to give Karma a blanket, instead of using his trench coat. Despite Karma's pleas, telling her that she needed it more than him, Rosita dropped it off at the cell in the middle of the night, and Karma awoke with it wrapped around his body. He attempted to be upset about it, but all he could do was snuggle further into the blanket.

Though, karma couldn't have been asleep for long, because before he knew it, Rosita knelt down to the teen, shaking his shoulder lightly.

"Cmon, Karma. Time to get up," Rosita hummed quietly. Karma shuffled around in his bed, pulling the light blue blanket over his head, causing it to be pulled off of his feet.

Rosita smiles lightly, but she isn't in the mood to wait around for the younger boy. So she grabs Karmas's wrist lightly but firmly and pulls him out of bed.

He rises quickly, dragging his feet behind him as he walks. He complains the entire time they walk, saying he's tired and wants to go back to bed. Rosita offers to let him stay in the cellar all day, but Karma knows he would much rather do something productive.

So he pipes down and continues walking beside rosita to the garden.

When the two arrive at the garden, there is an unfamiliar face speaking with Rick and Aaron. A taller man with light dreadlocks and if Karma wasn't mistaken, or possibly dreaming... the man had a tiger with him. Karmas mouth hung open as he stood at the animal.

"You see the tiger too right?" Karma asked, leaning the slightest bit closer to the Latina. Rosita nods, taking a couple of steps closer to the man. Karma follows her, afraid that he might become tiger food if he doesn't.

Rick greets the two as they approach the three men. Rosita gives a greeting while Karma just gives a weary smile, his eyes glued to the animal in front of him.

"uh- Ezekiel, This is Rosita and Karma," Rick introduces. Ezekiel's demeanor becomes harsh as he makes eye contact with the young boy. Karma almost flinches under his gaze.