Chapter One

CHAPTER ONE:
OUT COLD

Kate tightened her ponytail before relaxing it again with an annoyed sound exiting her lips

Kate tightened her ponytail before relaxing it again with an annoyed sound exiting her lips. She wanted her hair out of the way but no matter what she did it was annoying either way. One was too tight, the other to lose, the next tickled her neck and so on and so forth.

Or maybe what really annoyed her was the fact that she had to seat Wes, Ivrina and Sonnie down and tell them all the consequences this new body would have. Of course, Sonnie was out cold, still needing time to rest her human body and Kate was thankful for not having another episode with Khanivore.

Finally, the blonde tightened her ponytail and went to find the techs of the team.

".....if Khanivore dies Sonnie dies" Kate concluded her list clasping her palms in front of her face, somehow managing to hold her tablet at the same time.

Wes and Ivrina ex changed looks, not at all surprised by the information the girl has dumped on them in one breath before they looked back at the girl, seeing their tiredness mirrored in her anxious face. They hadn't slept as she worked on saving their friend far too worried and angry about the injustice that had been dealt to her. It was that worry and anger Kate had used to fuse her work. It is was easier considering she felt anger on her own, as a woman but also as a human.

"Luv, " Ivrina's voice caught Kate's attention, her glossy eyes that had grown three times their size snapping to her "there are dangers we knew"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I just... " she lowered her arms, holding them in front of her "I just thought I should put everything into perspective" her voice dropping lower with every word.

Wes and Ivrina had been too focused and terrified for their friend to actually listen to her when she threw her idea, telling to "Do whatever you need. Just save her". She doubted everything would've actually settled in their minds. But by they looks of it they had already talked about everything when she requested to be left alone while she worked, being as polite as possible, of course. She didn't want to cause them more distress.

"Thanks, then. But we get it. " Wes reassured her with a small smile that did not quite reach his tired eyes. Kate tried to reciprocate the gesture, barely managing to do so.

"Sonnie will get it too. " he added, displaying some remarkable mind reading abilities that Kate has no idea he had

"She is a tough cookie, don't worry" Ivrine backed him up, pushing herself off of the desk she had been leaning on, grabbing a mug and extending it to Kate who took it gratefully "Here, for your hard work. Must keep you fueled, genius"

"That she is alright. Best student in the entire university, no one could reach her level"

"You were great too, Wes"

"And she is humble too" the man patted her shoulder, showing her off to the white haired woman who pointed a finger at the two.

"So that's how you two knew each other. I thought it was because you were in a team with that asshole, Max"

The name brought a bitter taste to the coffee, making Kate grimace as she gulped it down.

"Ooh, sorry. " she did not sound sorry at all and the blonde loved her for it "He ya brother or something? "

Immediately she shook her head "Nope, not my brother", not caring to explain any further. They had a connection, she did not deny that but he certainly wasn't her brother. He was her boss, for starters, the pilot in the beastie fights and she was member of his tech team. The other thing that tied them together were vows, or future vows anyways and golden rings that they never wore. They didnt actually mean anything to them anyways.

That's how she had reconnected with Wes, having hang out with him when they were both younger but never really getting the chance to meet Ivrina or Sonnie. Later, when she entered the beast fights she had seen them, Sonnie especially had left a lasting impression after she watched one of their matches. Now, she had formally met both, under the worst circumstances.

"Okay... " Ivrina trailed off not wanting to push any further, taking notice of the fact that Kate was simply staring at her coffee allowing it to run cold instead of drinking it "You should drink that, and once you are done we'll get some alcohol in you"

Kate laughed, shaking her head but drinking the coffee anyways, turning around and walking back towards the room Sonnie and Khanivore where "Buy me a beer after your friend is awake!" There was a chance that would take a while, if it happened at all.

But none of them would rest until she did

Sonnie had been slipping in and out of consciousness for God knows how long. She tried to stay awake but every time she was met with fatigue, making it impossible to stay awake. Both bodies were the same. Yet, for the brief times she spend awake, that couldn't be more that 3 minutes, she watched outside of Khanivore- well, hers now too she guessed - tank taking in the lab. Sonnie managed to spot Ivrina and Wes for a few seconds and she wanted nothing more than to go to them , they looked like shit;  obviously tired.

Mostly the blonde was the one in the lab, always working and typing away on her tablet checking her vitals. She also looked tired, Sonnie doubted she had gotten any sleep and was purely running on coffee, evident by the thousands of mugs littered around. The more Sonnie watched her, the more familiar she seemed, she had seen her before and she was scratching her head trying to remember where. Could've been one of her one night stands, the pilot guessed but she was falling asleep again.

Then she was up again, this time she stayed awake and she was in her human body. With some struggle she pushed the dark door of the tube she was in open, stumbling to her feet, only for them to give out causing her to fall to her knees with a groan. Immediately, she heard rushed steps coming towards her, looking up she found the blonde, she hadn't even heard her come in.  Taking off her jacket she draped it over Sonnies naked form shielding her from the cold, and kneeling in front of her.
That's the first time Sonnie saw her up close, except if she counted the first time where she roared in her face.

Once more she was clearly worried, and relieved, the idea of a smile playing on her plump lips. Her face was round and sweet, and she was probably around Sonnie's age.

"Ivrina and Wes are gonna throw a party. "

○ ● ○ ● ○ ●○ ● ○ ● ○ ●

Here is chapter One

Sonnie is awake

 Kate is a nervous lesbian around Ivrina (I mean, who wouldn't be). 

Hope you liked this chapter and don't forget to comment and vote!!!