Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT:

THE LIST

There is always something so exhilarating about altering someone's body, making it something it was never supposed to be. Making it not human.

It was like when an artist came across a blank surface, no matter the surface, if they are feeling creative they can create a masterpiece.

Unfortunately,  before Kate could do the fun stuff she had to do the boring stuff. Sitting down and talking with the... patient, experiment? - she didnt care. Whether she called it , one or another , by the moment she is done with them they are her creations.

This specific blonde girl was a feisty one , Kate had to admit she would have liked that had she not been talking with the man who was paying her all morning.

"That dude is impossible!" Kate had complained to Max who had just rolled his eyes at what he liked to call her 'artistic temperament'.

"I'm sure you can do it."

Kate scoffed a laugh "Of course I can do it. She," the blonde pointed at the picture of the woman she was supposed to work on " can't.  You said you would get it sorted." Max opened his mouth to complain but Kate cut him off "I dont care if she is his favorite dick sucker. "

That closed the matter.

The client found a new sugar baby whom he liked enough to fuck and to keep around and good enough for the modifications.  The issue now was Kate trying to explain shit to him, stuff that were admittedly difficult for someone who had no idea on the subject to understand but the blonde did her best to dumb it down a notch. Just enough so she seemed like she was trying, and at the same time resulted in him waving his hand with a 'Do what you must'.

With no pleasantries necessary (Kate would have a person relax first if they seemed anxious but the girl was fully relaxed so Kate didn't waste her time), she examined the patient. Which was basically Kate walking around a naked girl checking her bones. Especially arms and back. 

"You can put your clothes back on." Kate instructed going over some tests she had Dicko bring her in of his little mistress. Judging by the ring band on his finger the man was married so she assumed mistress was the correct term.

"That was it?" The blonde - Victoria, as she noticed was written on the top of the paper - questioned, clearly not accustomed to being asked to put her clothes on.

"Well, I dont know, are the exams correct?"

Victoria nodded, holding her hands behind her back. She was very performative, her every movement was calculated to what she thought would appease Kate. Very smart,  she had to give her that.

"Then this part is done, yes. Take a seat"

The girl looked around the "office" which wasn't really an office, it was kinda like a morgue , which Kate didn't really mind. It was soundproof, the right temperatures and fully covered by clear colored plastic curtains. Victoria decided to seat on a chair next to the desk.

"What are the curtains for?" 

Kate could've sworn the girl was trying to flirt which did take her aback a bit. She doubted it was by an honest attraction, so shut it down quickly. The calculated girl and her ambitious boss weren't the kind of people Kate wanted small talk with.

Kate turned to smile at her "In case of death. " That scared her enough to stop any advances and Kate picked up a vial and a syringe  "But don't worry, only 3 to 6 die so the odds could be in your favor."