Prologue

The moonlight seemed dim compared to her long raven black hair, her signature mark being the purple streaks within them. Her golden eyes seemed to shine brighter than the sun within the dark, the soft click of her boots echoed through the damp streets of a very sketchy neighborhood.

Everyone knew this place... They had nightmares about this place. This was the place you go to in your worst nightmare to be killed, a place for them. The street rats, those involved in an underground society. Or as most people understood it, gang related activity.

And yet here she was, walking like she owned the streets, because maybe she really did. Her confidence never faded even a little, her posture was held high and strong. But none of that scared anyone, what scared them? That would be the deadly smirk plastered on her full lips, like a wolf ready to pounce onto helpless prey.

"What are you doing here?" A hoarse voice asked, deep from years of smoking. A skinny man appeared from the shadows of the alley.

"I want you to track someone down for me." Her voice smoother than silk, but the venom that laced each word with a challenge would be enough to put any snake to shame.

"Melissa Garcia, I need her address."

The man sighed, "I hope Luther knows what you are up to Max. I'm not getting killed for you alright?"

The girl-Max-smiled one that could have any man's heart served to her on a silver platter, "Trust me, tomorrow by sunset I'd be long gone. Just get me the address."

━━━•❅•°•❈❈•°•❅•━━━

A young girl whined as she picked up yet another moving box trying to find her box with all her notebooks and textbooks. She muttered curses under her breath as her long blonde hair tangled into her sunflower necklace. "Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!" She growled about to pull her hair out until she noticed a big brown box standing in the corner of her dorm room.

"I am officially retiring from college!" she sighed in frustration her normally light green eyes now dark from annoyance.

A deafening ring rang through the yellow room, immediately the girl rose to her feet to locate the device making the noise. Her eyes widening when she picked up her smart phone, "I'm late already?!"

Rushing through the crowded hallway her hair loose and flying all around her, notebooks clenched against her chest with no order at all. Trying to get her hair out of her eyes she stumbled into a large wall falling onto the ground allowing her notebooks to scatter around the hallway floor.

"Easy there tiger no need to kill me." A masculine voice chuckled, she blushed almost instantly looking up at the boy she had so foolishly ran into.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to go crashing into you. I'm late it's my first day here; my roommate never came to the room so no one has shown me around. And-" she was cut off by a soft laugh, one gentle that reminded her of the soft magical winter winds.

"It's okay, it's not your fault you're as clumsy as a kitten." he chuckled, bending down to pick up her scattered notebooks. "Whats your name?"

Her eyes narrowed at the nickname but nonetheless she answered his question, "My name is Melissa, Mel for short and I'm not a bloody cat."

"Of course you're not a cat; you're a kitten-Thats cuter than a cat. I'm Dylan." he handed back her notebooks, "Ever think about owning a bag?"

"I was and still am late," she growled at him, "And by the way, a kitten is just a baby cat." She stated matter-of-factly.