CHAPTER 2 - basketball courts

a/n - second chapter woop woop! hope you guys are enjoying so far, i'm having a fun time writing this :) please vote, comment if you want :)

y/n's pov

"y/n! hurry up or breakfast will be done!" madelyn says, aggressively shaking my shoulder. "i'm awake..." i mumble unconvincingly, sitting up. "you've got like... 50 minutes until breakfast time's over." she says, standing up from the bed as she does her makeup. 

i brush my hair in the mirror, not bothering to put makeup on yet. madelyn and i walk to the elevator, going to the food buffet level. "harry and timothee said they were near the hot chocolate machine, try find them." madelyn says. 

we walk around for a bit, before i see them. "they're over here," i say as we walk towards timothee and harry. they sit opposite each other, empty plates with crumbs on them on the table. "morning guys," madelyn says as i place my phone next to harry. "morning, ladies." harry says, taking a sip of his coffee. madelyn and i walk around as i grab a plate for the two of us, giving one to madelyn. we line up in the food line, waiting to get food.

olivia's pov

i place a piece of toast with scrambled eggs on it in my mouth, moving my hair out of the way before i drink my matcha tea. someone catches my eye, and i squint my eyes slightly, seeing a familiar face. y/n walks with a plate with food in her hand, oversized nike sweatshirt and grey sweatpants on. she stops at a table with harry, madelyn and timothee, placing her plate down. she then walks closer to our table, but doesn't seem to see it as she walks to the coffee machine. she waits for her coffee to brew as she leans on the side of the marble bench. she looks around, still not seeing our table. 

a boy who looks 18 walks up to her, saying something to make y/n look a little up at him. she keeps eye contact with him as he talks, y/n talking after as she remains eye contact. how has he not fainted yet? she laughs as he rubs the back of his neck, chuckling too. i fiddle with my hands as i watch them talk for a little longer. i can't help but feel a little jealous, to be honest. she gets her cup of coffee as she adds sugar to it, listening to what the guy says. she laughs again, shaking her head at what he says. he must be really funny. eventually, they both part ways as y/n walks back to her table.

we digest for another 20 minutes, and i subtly look to y/n's table a few tables away, seeing her eating. she stands up, finishing the last sip of her coffee. "hey look, your crush is there." conan says beside me, pointing towards y/n as she walks over to the plate rack. i quickly push his hand down, looking at him. "don't point!" i say, watching y/n place her plate on the rack, putting her cup on top of the other used ones. "someone's got a crush!"  madison sings, laughing along with gracie. "you guys are so immature, i don't even know anything about her other than her last name and age!" i state, rolling my eyes. 

y/n's pov

"can we go to the basketball courts after?" harry asks as i wipe off crumbs on my sweatshirt. "yeah, why not. we've got 2 months of this, let's do everything." timothee says, standing up. i stand up too, stretching. "alright, let's go." madelyn says, getting up too. "look who's over there!" timothee says, and i look in the direction he's looking at. there sits olivia, madison and conan. i smile, following the rest of the group as we walk towards them.

we crowd over their table as they greet us. "morning, guys!" gracie says, smiling. we say morning back, and i look at the clean, empty table. "have you guys eaten yet?" i ask their group. "yeah, we ate a while ago. we're kinda just um, sitting here." olivia says, making me chuckle. "i see," i say as she gives me a warm smile.

i cover my mouth with my sleeve as i yawn, olivia giggling as she turns to me, away from the other conversation. "you tired?" she asks. "yeah, i woke up like half an hour ago." i say, rubbing my eyes. "almost missed breakfast," olivia says and i nod. "madelyn was shaking me awake an hour before breakfast time was over," i say, making olivia giggle softly. "we're gonna be at the basketball courts for a while after we get changed, if you guys wanted to come whenever." madelyn offers. "okay, we'll be there later." conan agrees, and we start to walk away after saying bye. "see you guys later." i say, smiling as i walk away.