CHAPTER 37 - he's the type of guy to...

a/n - please remember to vote! feel free to comment what your thoughts are :)

after picking madelyn up from her hotel for the space jam 2 premiere, we start to drive there. madelyn sat in the passengers seat while i drive since none of our management teams or bodyguards are going. i fill her in with the information of olivia, madelyn listening carefully. "is she going tonight?" she asks as i turn right, glancing at the gps before looking back up. "yeah, she left before me. overheard that she was going with her plus one or something," i say, turning the radio up.

 overheard that she was going with her plus one or something," i say, turning the radio up

(what we're wearing, no bag)

madelyn and i start to walk to six flags from our car, and i place my hands in my jacket pockets. "do you know who's going tonight?" i ask madelyn. "a lot of random people like charli damelio, lil huddy, demi lovato, jacob elordi," madelyn lists with her fingers. "that's so random, i say, laughing. we walk to the front of the theme park, seeing loads of people already here. "and i thought we were kinda early," madelyn mumbles as she hooks her arm around mine. 

 charli damelio walk up to us first, greeting us. madelyn unhooks her arm from mine, and i hug charli before she hugs madelyn. "i loved outer banks!" she says to madelyn. "thank you!" "and don't even get me started on no way home, y/n. you were incredible in it!" charli says, looking at me with a big smile. "thank you so much!" i thank, smiling back. 

madelyn and i stand beside each other, looking at the people who were just arriving as we wait. "oh my god, don't look but olivia's here," madelyn says. doing what she told me not to, i look around. "i said don't look!" "i know, but that makes me want to look around! where is she?" i ask scanning unfamiliar faces. "oh my god... over there, with the green hoodie guy." i look for a green hoodie, my eyes stopping at a guy with black hair, who looked around too. i follow his arm, causing my eyes fall to olivia's who was in front of him. his arm was around olivia's waist as she looks around too, chewing gum. she looks at me, and we make eye contact.

i quickly look down, madelyn groaning. "please tell me that's not her date," i mutter, turning around and facing opposite of madelyn with my back facing olivia. "it probably would be, who else would it be?" she says, peering behind me before looking back at me. "no offense, but why does he look like mr bean..." i can't help but laugh, smiling at the insult. "he looks like the type of guy that says 'pee-yew' when something smells bad," i say, madelyn laughing her head off. "he's the type of guy to wiggle his fingers above a box of donuts and say 'don't mind if i do'," madelyn continues the joke. we're both laughing our heads off, and i try to think of one without getting distracted by madelyn's contagious laugh. "he's the type of guy to say 'use the magic word' after you ask him for something." we both laugh again, madelyn getting tears in her eyes from all the laughter. "he's the type of guy to cover his friends' eyes and say 'guess who'." "he's the type of guy to stick his finger in his ears and say "lalalalalalala" when he's ignoring you."  "he's the type of guy to say "lets rock and roll" before leaving to go somewhere." we both laugh again, looking around and see a few people looking at us with a weird stare.

 "maybe they aren't dating, don't be so pessimistic, y/n." "a little hard to see your ex with a guy's arms wrapped around her waist." "she literally dated you, y/n. spider-woman! and who the hell is this guy to come in and steal your woman!" "i don't know, mads. it's been a while since we've talked. maybe she's moved on," i say. "well if that's the case, have you?" madelyn asks, her facial expressions looking as if she already knew the answer. "what do you think, madelyn?" i ask. "if she's moved on, then i think you should too." "what do you think i've been trying to do these past thousand months?" "thinking about olivia."

after watching the movie and the red carpet, we had time to go on the rides. as it was pretty late at night, only a few rides were open, but it was more than enough. "crazy entity first? the lines pretty short," i say to madelyn, stopping and looking up at the ride. 

(reference pic)

(reference pic)

"okay, let's go," she says. we walk, joining the line. after taking a few photos with those around us, we get on the ride. i pull the harness thing down, the workers buckling it. "loved your movie!" the lady worker says as she buckles my harness. "thank you!" i reply, and she shakes the buckle with a polite smile.

the ride starts to swing back and forth a little, getting momentum. "oh shit," madelyn mutters. i laugh, offering a hand in the middle of our seats. she takes it, squeezing it tightly. "SHITTTT!" we both yell as the machine drops us forward, then scooping back up as we spin around. this time, we were backwards, at the highest point of the ride. "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!" madelyn yells at the top of her lungs as we drop down.

madelyn bends over after the ride, hands on her thighs to support her weight. "just... need a second," she says, putting her index up to me. "don't throw up on me," i say, laughing and stepping a few steps back. 

we go on a few more rides, eventually calling it a day and wandering around the amusement park. "cotton candy?" i offer madelyn as we walk past the cotton candy store. "i'm good, i feel like i need to throw up," she says, laughing. "that's not a laughing matter, mads! should we go home now?" i ask. "no, it's okay. we can walk around for a few more minutes, see what there is." we walk around at a rather slow pace, taking everything in. i stop walking, seeing 2 adult figures. "oh my god..." i breathe out, madelyn stopping too and looking at me. "what?" she asks, furrowing her eyebrows. "my parents... they're over there." madelyn looks over at them, my parents sharing a kiss with each other with happy smiles. tears start to swell in my eyes, madelyn facing me again. "we should go... it's okay, y/n." 

olivia's pov

i walk beside adam as we walk on the concrete, the place lit up with ride lights and street lights. i slow down my walking as i see 2 girls, walking fast paced. one of them was huddled into the other, black mascara around her eyes. my eyes widen as i see it was y/n leaning into madelyn. was it a bad choice bringing adam to this? was it too soon? "hurry up, let's rock and roll!" adam exclaims excitedly with a bright smile.

i mentally cringe at his choice of wording, but i give a convincing smile back, looking behind me to see y/n and madelyn no longer there. i turn back around, walking forward. "shall we head back soon?" he asks, holding my hand. "whenever you'd like," i respond.

another a/n - 'drake the type of guy to' comments make me laugh so hard idk why i find them so funny, probably bc they're all something drake would do😭