she said it back

Hours later.

"Do you think he means it?!" I ask Sam as we sit on my bed "Yeah i think he does and the worst thing about it... you didn't say it back!" He says and I flop back on my bed. When me and Danny were having lunch he said he loves me, and he wants to have a life with me.

I choked and didn't say it back. The car ride home was... awkward and silent to say the least. I freaked and pulled Sam into my room as soon as we got to the apartment. I sit back up on my elbows and look at Sam

"I love him too it's just.. I don't know why I didn't say it back" I tell Sam mentally kicking myself.

I would kick myself physically right now if I could. "You love him" Sam states and smiles at the fact. My cheeks go red and I lay back down covering my face.

I stand up and take a breath in and out "Go get him" Sam says leaving the room before I do.

Danny was in his room. I knock on the door and Dannys breathing stops as he sees me. He lets me in and I sit on his bed. No words being exchanged yet.

He sits next to me and looks at his hands. I look over to Danny and see how nervous he is. I put my hand on top of his "I love you too" I say and I look from his lips to his eyes.

His eyes go a bit wide "You do?" He asks doubting if I did. I laugh under my breath and rest my forehead on his "I don't know why I didn't say it back, I wish I knew but I don't" I tell him.

He kisses me softly a few times and pulls away "I love you so much" He whispers and a smiles. I pull away and smile at him "I wanna have a life together too.. I wanna grow with you and watch how successful you guys become with the band, I want to work with you guys, I don't want it any other way" I finish.

We hear a knock on the door and Jake walks in. He looks at Danny like he's waiting for something "Yeah" Danny laughs and Jake starts calling everyone in "Guys she said it back!" Jake says as everyone joins in cheering "They all knew" Danny says pulling me under his arm. I smile at my family in front of me. My new life in front of me. My boyfriend next to me. My boys. I wouldn't have it any other way.