Chapter 5

So today was the day when the princes will be officially introduced to the kingdom, right now, Subhadra was taking me to my room. She was in such a hurry that it felt like only 15 minutes were left. I couldn't even admire the surroundings properly.

-----------------

I was standing in front of one giant double door. I couldn't believe that it was the entrance to my room. I didn't even have to push the gate, guards did that for me. I entered the room. It was grand. Nearly six times the size of my room. It looked fit for royalty.

The color theme was red and gold, typical. But it looked perfect. To the right side of the entrance was a huge bed, covered in silk beddings. Right next to it were all of my bags. On one corner was a vanity table equipped with many things. I don't even know the use for half of them. Next to it were two large cupboards. In front of me just up some stair was a big balcony. It was so beautiful that I did not find it creepy. To its left was a doorway. I didn't know where it led.

As I was admiring the room Subhadra was talking to the maids, two of them left to go somewhere, and then she started instructing the other two. She looked quite skilled at doing the talk. Just as the other two left the first two came, with nearly twenty dresses arranged neatly in the rack.

"Jiji, these are all of my new dresses. If you want you can choose any one of them for today's event." I understood what she was trying to do. She was literally saving my ass so that I don't catch the attention of all and would have some time before I have to answer all the questions. She is so sweet.

"But I can't fit in them," I told her. I wasn't huge but she was slightly smaller than me.

"Don't worry, Jiji. They are all your size." Exactly how many clothes does she have? I wondered.

I looked at my options. Some of them were so heavy that I couldn't even think of walking in them. I wondered if I should were my clothes. And suddenly something caught my eye.

-------------

Right now I am running towards the venue with my little sister Subhadra. I wonder how she manages to run in that lehenga. It was a bloody difficult task for me.

Yeah, you guessed it right.  I am wearing a lehenga right now. It was an aqua blue colored, designer lehenga with fake diamonds (or so I hoped they were) forming sequence embroidery work which is denser at the bottom and gradually becomes rarer till the waist. The blouse was sleeveless with little diamonds making beautiful designs and the dupatta was made of soft net with beautiful edges.

I looked gorgeous and even though my dress was not as heavy as that of Subhadra. I looked like I belonged here. But did I feel like it, absolutely not? I guess it will take some time.

-------------

As soon as I entered the stadium, I saw a big stage and it was furnished with all kinds of weapons. The citizens were on the platform near the stage. It was like a big boxing stadium except for the net.

Then I noticed the room in which I was present. There were only females here and their handmaidens. The room was elegant and decorated with gold, pearls, and many other stones which I could not name. These people were insanely rich.

Subhadra gestured towards a lady in simple attire.

"Panipat bua" she said and I understood that she was Kunti.

"Panipat Subhadra." She said with a smile that could melt hearts.

"Aur yeh hai mere pyari Jiji Aarohi (and this is my lovely sister Aarohi)." )." Subhadra introduced.

"Pranipat Rajmata Kunti." I decided to go formal.

"You are as pretty as your name. I didn't know Devki had so a pretty daughter." She said it so lovingly that I felt guilty for lying. But I can't back down now it would be stupid.