Chapter 11

Luca

"Whatever you are willing to tell me," she says

"I'll start from the very beginning then"

"Me and those guys became friends freshman year. I was a quiet kid but people knew not to mess with me, especially after I got in a fight with this kid and beat him pretty badly. After that everyone left me alone, which was fine by me."

"A few months later I started talking to them and that was it. We would just talk, but along the way, we started getting closer and that turned into us getting into trouble. We would rob stores and vandalize property and go to parties and sleep with random girls but that was it."

"One day we decided to rob this liquor store, which we have robbed before and got away with but that didn't happen this time. We all went and acted like we were just normal customers we went to the back and got what we wanted but ended up getting caught before we could leave my friends or my so-called friends ran and left me there by myself I was about to run but the guy that owned the store had a gun so I was stuck there but he pointed the guy at me because he thought I was going to leave."

"He turned to grab his phone so he could call the police and when he was turned away I used that as my shot I ran and grabbed the gun from him but his grip was so tight we eventually ended up fighting over the gun and the gun was pointed to him as we are fighting over the gun the trigger somehow gets pulled and shoots the man and he falls to the ground and the gun falls to the floor as well and I stand there in shock for a few minutes before I snap out of it and run away from there."

"The next day the man was pronounced dead and I felt so guilty that I turned myself in and went to court the judge sentenced me to 6 years in juvenile detention but I was released early for good behavior and after I was released we moved here because mom and dad felt like I needed a fresh start."

"Oh Luca" Greylee says in between her tears

"Are you okay Greylee? What's wrong" I ask her

"It makes me so sad to know that all that happened and that you went through that and that poor man and his family"

Of course, she would be sad about me going to jail but that's how Greylee is. She is so sweet and innocent and those are some of the things I love about her.      

"Shhh it's okay Greylee I'm okay don't be crying over my past I made many mistakes and I paid for the consequences and the man's family we paid for the funeral and gave them money to keep them steady."

It still doesn't work so I pull her closer to me and just hold her till she is done crying. She all of a sudden gets up and grabs my face between her hands and says "Don't blame yourself Luca it was a freak accident and you were so young and stupid and hung around with the wrong people I don't think what you did was right but don't blame yourself you understand me" I nod my head yes. 

She goes back to cuddling into me and I just hold her and in that moment all I could think about was how I was falling in love with Greylee.

♡︎♡︎♡︎
Authors note:

word count: 617

sorry for such a short chapter.