The Prince's Issue with Combat Class

It was certainly starting to heat up. Ryan and I were dying from the heat so the pool had become the only place we wanted to be. On one particularly hot day I had peeled off my clothes and jumped into the pool with Ryan, we floated around.

"What do you wanna do for the solstice?" He asked, laying on his back.

"Well I'm going to invite my friend Modesta but I guess try to avoid the ceremonies as much as I can," I swam over to him.

He smirked at me, "You know Racheal's going to hunt you down."

"Every year my friend," I winked at him.

"Doesn't your school do some big thing for it?"

"Nah that's the winter one. I want Modesta to come since it is our last year together though."

He smiled lazily, "sounds nice, I intend on staying in the shade."

I jumped on a pool float and drifted around the pool. The water was nice and cooling on my legs, I could almost fall asleep. That late spring breeze was magical. My eyes couldn't stay open.

"Varinia," Ryan had swam up to my float and was holding on to it. I could feel his weight but I wasn't opening my eyes.

"Yep."

"Don't you think it's weird that we haven't had many myth hunter attacks recently?"

I pushed him off the float, "Jesus I'm trying to relax Ryan! Why are you talking about that kinda stuff?"

"I don't know it's just been on my mind," He swam back over to my pool float.

I looked up into the cloudless sky, "Maybe they are thinking, it's too hot to bother those wolves, we will start again come autumn."

He smiled, "Yeah that's it for sure."

Lucius trudged into homeroom and he looked pissed. He and the other Amanes sat beside me. I looked around at all of them, all kinds of different energies going on here. I addressed the most explosive one first.

"What's up with Lucius?" I asked the siblings.

"His girl got taken," Rome chuckled at his brother.

"What does that mean?" I looked to Lucius.

He sighed, "Kayin is dating Lizette."

"Oh, so now she's off limits, not when she told you to get lost?" I got up in his face.

He pushed me away, "Don't kick me while I'm down."

I rolled my eyes. There was no way I could feel bad for him. Besides Lizette had managed to get one of the pureblood princes. Sure not the one I would go for but I supposed Prince Kayin was attractive as well.

"That's not the only exciting thing that happened last night," Rose tugged my arm.

I looked back at her, she had a massive grin on her face.

"Good news?"

She nodded, "I took your advice and it paid off. Big time."

I smiled at her, "Good for you, you go get him."

"Oh I will," Rose got up and moved to where Arlen was sitting.

"You encourage her but you call me disgusting. You're a hypocrite you know Varinia," Lucius spat at me.

"Rose doesn't harass people, Lucius," I stated.

"Whatever, I don't even care about Lizette anymore. I've got to keep my eyes on the prize," he stared directly at Ephvangeline's chest.